Accessories for Bauhn tablets

moggie65

Mar 3, 2013
I'm just wanting to know am I able to plug in a mouse and is there a particular brand of mouse I need to get for my tablet? Also Do i have to have a Bauhn headphone set or can I plug in any old brand? I have tried plugging in a headset that I use with my MP3 player but it doesn't fit the socket on my tablet.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum
I suggest maybe try going to a retail store and check out the size of the connector for the headset. I'm fairly certain you'll find one that fits. Not all connectors of the same size.

Robbo

Sep 8, 2012
Our older Bauhn tablets take a 3.5mm stereo headphone or line out cable, they don't work with a set that has a microphone inbuilt. The new one may be different though, seeing as it has a phone dialler and 3G capability now. That needs to be checked.

My phones that use multimedia headset have a smart socket that works with or without microphone.

Maybe your MP3 player has a 2.5mm headphone plug? Like Nokia used on phones.

Here's the specs from the Bauhn web page. It seems same as the older ones taking a standard 3.5mm non microphone headset.

• Specification
    • CPU: ARM Cortex A9 MTK8377 Dual Core Processor
    • Processor: 1.2GHz
    • Operating System: Android 4.1 Jellybean
    • Display: IPS 9.7" 4:3, LED panel
    • Resolution: 1024 x 768 resolution
    • Touch Screen: Capacitive Multi touch
    • Battery: Li-Polymer, 6100mAh / 3.7V
    • Internal Memory: 16 GB (expandable with micro SD memory card)
    • Memory: DDR2 1GB
    • WLAN / WiFi: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
    • Bluetooth: 3.0
    • USB: USB 2.0
    • Headphone Jack: 3.5mm Stereo output
    • 3G Module Built-in: Band - WCDMA/850/2100Mhz; GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 Mhz, VOICE / DATA supported
    • GPS Module: Built-in
    • G Sensor: 3 - Axle Rotation
    • Cameras: Web Cam 0.3, 5.0M pixels rear camera
    • Microphone: Internal Microphone
    • Interface: SIM Card, Micro SD Card, Micro USB, Earphone Jack

For mouse, I have used a wireless mouse on my tablet. Works fine, just use the micro USB to USB adapter and plug in the dongle. It should work with a standard USB mouse, although the touch screen works well and a mouse is kind of pointless.

Last edited:

moggie65

Mar 3, 2013
Our older Bauhn tablets take a 3.5mm stereo headphone or line out cable, they don't work with a set that has a microphone inbuilt. The new one may be different though, seeing as it has a phone dialler and 3G capability now. That needs to be checked.

My phones that use multimedia headset have a smart socket that works with or without microphone.

Maybe your MP3 player has a 2.5mm headphone plug? Like Nokia used on phones.

Here's the specs from the Bauhn web page. It seems same as the older ones taking a standard 3.5mm non microphone headset.

• Specification
    • CPU: ARM Cortex A9 MTK8377 Dual Core Processor
    • Processor: 1.2GHz
    • Operating System: Android 4.1 Jellybean
    • Display: IPS 9.7" 4:3, LED panel
    • Resolution: 1024 x 768 resolution
    • Touch Screen: Capacitive Multi touch
    • Battery: Li-Polymer, 6100mAh / 3.7V
    • Internal Memory: 16 GB (expandable with micro SD memory card)
    • Memory: DDR2 1GB
    • WLAN / WiFi: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
    • Bluetooth: 3.0
    • USB: USB 2.0
    • Headphone Jack: 3.5mm Stereo output
    • 3G Module Built-in: Band - WCDMA/850/2100Mhz; GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 Mhz, VOICE / DATA supported
    • GPS Module: Built-in
    • G Sensor: 3 - Axle Rotation
    • Cameras: Web Cam 0.3, 5.0M pixels rear camera
    • Microphone: Internal Microphone
    • Interface: SIM Card, Micro SD Card, Micro USB, Earphone Jack

For mouse, I have used a wireless mouse on my tablet. Works fine, just use the micro USB to USB adapter and plug in the dongle. It should work with a standard USB mouse, although the touch screen works well and a mouse is kind of pointless.

Thanks for the tips - I will see if I can get a headset with a 3.5mm jack.