AccidentaL Hard Reset!?? WTF!

Music

Feb 5, 2011
An unpleasant surprise folks ( OK, start laughing...)

I went outside for awhile, so I put my S7 in my inside coat pocket to keep it warm, and when I got in and took it out, I saw the swirly figure and then the screen calibration procedure, so I didn't think too much until the OEM home screen appeared.

WTF! I checked the app drawer, and none of the apps I spent the last two weeks getting were gone.

Fortunately, the Market has a record of everything, so I can quickly re-install everything, but settings will take a bit as well as the home screen folders & shortcuts.

the Internal SD card still has the data that was saved earlier (photos, books, etc.)

So... Is there a secret button you're not supposed to hold down for 5 minutes) or something to cause what happened here?

thx

I might as well start snowing again, because I'll be here for a while re-doing things. Maybe I'll not do some things I did before.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Weird... I have a nandroid though, so I'm not that worried... Better transfer that to my computer

Music

Feb 5, 2011
The really weird thing is that I think the thing bricked itself....

So Best Buy will have Huawei send me a new one, in about a week. What do you think they'll send, the same thing, but with a better-working camera? (I told them the camera was bad) Maybe a new one with the newer screen?

smartin

Jan 31, 2011
Really?? You're officially bricked?
When you get your replacement, let us know if the camera works better. Mine's horrible. Can't read barcodes at all.
Steve

Music

Feb 5, 2011
No, mine's not bricked-bricked, but I couldn't download anything from the Market. The camera was poor too, like there was a smudge on the back side of the lens.