Accounts and Sync option not showing up in settings

mikekoz

May 15, 2011
I have rooted and installed the market on my Coby 7015a. The Accounts and Sync option does not show up under options. I originally brought this issue up on another thread, but that thread is really about something else, so I thought I would start a new one. Does anybody else have this problem? The tablet works fine, but all apps do not show up in the market. I have several android devices, and apps that will show on the market on them do not show on the Coby. I have tried installing the "settings.apk" file from the original rom, and have also re-installed the market, but the problem remains. I am trying to avoid wiping it and starting over again. I just installed Flash 10.1 on it, and now it is playing Flash videos on the web! I am afraid this is a fluke, and if I start all over again, I will never be able to get this to work again!:cool: I remember seeing an option in the recovery window when I was installing the market to clear cache or something like that. Could that resolve the problem? Any help would be appreciated!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I spent three weeks chasing this same problem and never got it resolved. If you are happy with your tab other than that, get synker from the market and let it be...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum

Begotten

Mar 16, 2011
Hi mikekoz,
sorry but i have no answer for your question, but i'm wondering,
how did you get Flash 10.1 working on your kyros?

Thanks for your help

mikekoz

May 15, 2011
Hi mikekoz,

Thanks for your help

Somebody posted a link to the .apk file for flash 10.1 on this forum, or one of the few others I visit. I just downloaded it, put in on a USB drive, stuck it in the 7015 and installed it. I was not expecting it to work! The original poster stated he/she could not get Flash video to work, but it worked on Flash sites (Ads, animation). After I installed it, I opened up Dolphin Browser and it played several Flash videos on Yahoo.com, inclusing some NBA highlights! I am at work now, but will try to locate it later today.

driggs

Apr 22, 2011
Mike, have you noticed that Flash slows down you tab? I think I know which thread you are talking about, but I got cold feet on installing it because it seemed the program slowed down the tablet too much (from what I was reading).

juandpineiro

Apr 9, 2011
Hey man, the thread you're probably looking for is deeply buried http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...s-games/9855-coby-7015-calendar-contacts.html You can read it through but the procedure is pretty easy :)

- First, I'm assuming you're using the stock Kyros ROM, custom ROMs like tipstir's Honeycomb already have Accounts & Sync feature (not REALLY sure though :p).
- I'm assuming you already applied the gapps-passion package (Gmail, Market, Maps, etc) the gapps update copies some of the files you need for accounts and sync to work.
- Grab the files from the post I mentioned before and copy them to /system/app remember to set the proper permissions, but just copy the files that aren't already there. As I said, the gapps package already installs some of them.
- Reboot and you should have Accounts & Sync menu under Settings. Calendar and Contacts Synchronization, etc.

Give it a try and let me know how it goes, and don't forget to thank user jschill32 from the original post :)

EDIT: oops sorry, posted wrong link, corrected :p

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...s-games/9855-coby-7015-calendar-contacts.html

Last edited:

mikekoz

May 15, 2011
Hey man, the thread you're probably looking for is deeply buried http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...s-games/9855-coby-7015-calendar-contacts.html You can read it through but the procedure is pretty easy :)

- First, I'm assuming you're using the stock Kyros ROM, custom ROMs like tipstir's Honeycomb already have Accounts & Sync feature (not REALLY sure though :p).
- I'm assuming you already applied the gapps-passion package (Gmail, Market, Maps, etc) the gapps update copies some of the files you need for accounts and sync to work.
- Grab the files from the post I mentioned before and copy them to /system/app remember to set the proper permissions, but just copy the files that aren't already there. As I said, the gapps package already installs some of them.
- Reboot and you should have Accounts & Sync menu under Settings. Calendar and Contacts Synchronization, etc.

Give it a try and let me know how it goes, and don't forget to thank user jschill32 from the original post :)

EDIT: oops sorry, posted wrong link, corrected :p

http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...s-games/9855-coby-7015-calendar-contacts.html

Thanks! That got the setting back under options, however, my original problem still remains. Not all apps are found in the market, and the Android Market on the internet will not recognize the Coby. I am happy with it as-is, so I am not going to tinker with it any more. I only rooted it originally to install the graphics fix. Do not feel like making a high tech brick out of it!!;)

juandpineiro

Apr 9, 2011
Thanks! That got the setting back under options, however, my original problem still remains. Not all apps are found in the market, and the Android Market on the internet will not recognize the Coby. I am happy with it as-is, so I am not going to tinker with it any more. I only rooted it originally to install the graphics fix. Do not feel like making a high tech brick out of it!!;)

For the market issue you can download MarketEnabler and fake one of the carrier markets (T-mobile, Verizon, etc...) that should do it, I can find every app that way.

Regarding the web market I don't know what can be done, I have the same problem... :(

mikekoz

May 15, 2011
Great...now I am getting an error popping up two three times stating that "com.google.process.gapps" has stopped unexpectedly. I knew I should have left well enough alone!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
Since it's all messed up anyway you could try deleting all the google market apk's then reinstall market. Just trying to help so you don't have to start all over.

mikekoz

May 15, 2011
Mike, have you noticed that Flash slows down you tab? I think I know which thread you are talking about, but I got cold feet on installing it because it seemed the program slowed down the tablet too much (from what I was reading).

It does not seem to slow down my tablet, but it only works in the Dolphin Browser.

mikekoz

May 15, 2011
Since it's all messed up anyway you could try deleting all the google market apk's then reinstall market. Just trying to help so you don't have to start all over.

Thanks! I will try that tomorrow when I am more awake. I will just screw it up more now if I try it!!

mikekoz

May 15, 2011
Hi mikekoz,

Thanks for your help

I am sorry but for the life of me I cannot locate that post with the Flash.apk link in it. It has to be somewhere on this forum!