Acer A100, A500 or XOOM?

VitorB

Sep 27, 2011
Hi people!

I have one doubt.. Wich this three tablets is better to buy?

I can upgrade the A500 or XOOM to 3.1?

Thank You!;)

Gowron

Sep 13, 2011
I have an A500 for a month and i love it.
You can plug a USB keyboard, mice, USB drive (fat32) up to 32Gb and a microsd car up toi 32 Gb in fat32.
Also have a micro hdmi that support full hd to TV.
Motorola does not have alot of external port and microsd support.
The transformer need a 100$ keyboard to get all those ports but can give you 16 hrs batery life (with keaboard)
I think that the a100 does ont have enough memory inside.
So for 399$ or less, the iconia A500 is a good choie.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
I have an A500 for a month and i love it.
You can plug a USB keyboard, mice, USB drive (fat32) up to 32Gb and a microsd car up toi 32 Gb in fat32.
Also have a micro hdmi that support full hd to TV.
Motorola does not have alot of external port and microsd support.
The transformer need a 100$ keyboard to get all those ports but can give you 16 hrs batery life (with keaboard)
I think that the a100 does ont have enough memory inside.
So for 399$ or less, the iconia A500 is a good choie.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum
1. The Xoom does have MicroSD support. New update (it was released quite a while ago) fixed it.
2. The Xoom also has a HDMI port, just like the A500. It's only missing the full-size USB.
3. The Transformer gives you a lot more for that $100 - in all, you get 2 USB ports, a MicroSD slot (tablet), a Micro-HDMI port (tablet), a full-size SD slot, a keyboard dock with hinge, unlimited cloud storage for a year (with any TF tablet), etc. And the Battery.

The A500 is a great tablet for the price, but don't forget it has a TFT screen - bad viewing angles compared to the Transformer. The Xoom has the worst screen of them all, though (article by DisplayMate).

Overall, the A500 gives you more flexibility on it's own, but the Transformer is a better quality tablet (IPS display, etc.) and gives you a whackloadof flexibility if you fork out the extra $100 for the dock.