Acer A100 flicking issue

AcerUser

Dec 31, 2011
My Acer A100 have the following issue,

Repro
=====
1) Put A100 into sleep by hitting on on/off button (Not shut down)
2) Wait 30 minutes and power it up again

Issues
======
The Android menu pop in and out for 30 seconds

More Information:
===========
I saw the issue was reported by other user here, but I can't see how we could resolve it.
Iconia tab A100 screen flicker/rotating settings - xda-developers

Any people can help?

dmtchico

Jan 4, 2012
I have had this same exact problem for about a month now.
I've tried two hard resets to factory only apps but it started doing it again soon after.
The last thing I tried was to uninstall all but a few apps that I had in the very beginning and that worked but, only for an hour or so.
It happens most often when the unit has been turned off for an hour or so or has been asleep for an hour or so.
It almost always happens in the morning after it has been off most of the night.

I hope someone smarter than me could figure out how I can do a complete re-install of the OS.
My only guess is that one of my apps somehow wrote over the protected files of the OS during a power surge or something.

For both our sakes, I hope someone figures it out.
However, if there are only three of us with this problem, I fear it will not get resolved until perhaps we get the new ICS update that I heard the A100 was going to get early this year.

good luck to us.

dansamy

Dec 19, 2010
It doesn't sound like a software issue. It sounds like a touchscreen issue.

Sent from my DROIDX running MIUI

dmtchico

Jan 4, 2012
------------------------------------- previous post-----------
Well Dansamy, the issue resolves itself in about a minute and doesnt happen again until the device is re-started. So Im guessing the OS bootup is having an issue that it eventually either resolves or gives up on.
Right now it merely adds about a minute to the startup until i can begin using it.
My guess is that a hardware issue might manifest itself more often.
But, at this point i suppose it might be anything. Ive owned it since last August and have been very pleased until now.
-------------------------------------

I have now confirmed that it is a screen temperature issue in the corner of the screen closest to the HDMI port.

If I warm that corner either by rubbing it with my hand or holding it in front of a space heater for a short time, the problem ALWAYS stops, most of the time for the entire day, but if I shut it off and the screen get cool enough again, then I have to warm it again to make it stop self-touching itself.

I hope an administrator can spot that this problem seems to be happening to more than a very few units and can start a sticky thread about it and seek forum input to see how widespread it is.

Last edited: