Acer A100 Wifi problems anyone?

Discussion in 'Acer Iconia A100' started by desolateplanet, Aug 18, 2011.

1. moisesing

moisesing Member

I have being having a similar problem with my A100, the thing is that my tablet will connect to my wireless at home but the tablet must be right next to the router, if I move away from the router the connection will drop and will start looping.
    I have try factory resets and the reset button but nothing works, I need to know if this is a common problem with this tablet because I am thinking to return my tablet for full refund.

2. Plache

Plache Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer a100 Iconia Tablet
    Ok, here's how I got my daughter's a100 iconia tablet to connect to our home network. Really, it was pretty simple and I haven't seen this anywhere online that I had searched. We have a Cisco WRT-160N router, and the Wireless MAC Filter is enabled. Without the MAC address of her tablet entered there, she couldn't connect. I just stumbled on this while looking through the settings for her tablet, and remembered seeing this setting when I was sifting through the wireless settings for our router. Plugged the information in the settings and all of a sudden (after 2 days of frustration), she's got full bars and the ability to go online with her tablet.......I was ready to throw the thing through a window! Hope this helps someone out there.

3. wcg

wcg Member

Tablet / Device:
    HTC Flyer/Asus EEE/Acer A100
    Have you tried changing the channel setting on your router? I was having the exact same problem before changing the channel setting as described in my previous post. Maddening does not even begin to describe the experience. I was gathering up all the packaging to be ready to return the tablet. Taking the router off of the "Auto" channel setting completely fixed the issue. Good luck.

4. IOverThink2

IOverThink2 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Asus TF101-A1
    I have a Belkin router too and could not stay connected. Read another post that worked. Go to your router settings and change the channel settings to =1 if you are in USA, then click update and you should connect and stay connected. Worked for me! This will work on all routers. Too simple to fix if you know what to do. Thanks to other people posting, it helps.

5. IOverThink2

IOverThink2 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Asus TF101-A1
    I have the TF100-a1 and could not stay connected. Read another post that worked. Go to your router settings and change the channel settings to =1 if you are in USA, then click update and you should connect and stay connected. Worked for me! This will work on all routers. Too simple to fix if you know what to do. Thanks to other people posting, it helps.

6. snotienose

snotienose Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer A100 Tablet
    I have the Netgear N300 Gigabyte router and it works fine with my acer a100 in other parts of the house. I have no complaints with this router and several wireless devices.

7. bjy20716

bjy20716 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Droid 1
    Why wifi kept disconnecting until I changed my routers channel to 1.

8. genelag

genelag Member

Tablet / Device:
    acer aspire one & acer tablet a100
    remove your sd card if you have one .use the tablet without it

9. tarashucal

tarashucal Member

Tablet / Device:
    sony tablet
    just hooked up new Cisco Linksys EA45oo and all computers in house work fine except for the Sony Tablet. It starts off OK then freezes anywhere from 5-10 min out. then I have to reboot network connection

10. psharma

psharma Member

I have bought Acer laptop and it was not so good as Dell and HP in starting only there was problem in monitor and I have also submitted my complaint in consumer court

11. Douvie

Douvie Senior Member

Tablet / Device:
    Acer Iconia A500 & Sumsung Galaxy Note 10.1
    Obviously there is an issue with your router and you've just taken the easy way out. Portable devices of all types cause many headaches for IT personnel and I have seen this happen 3 or 4 times a week. This includes FLYERS, iPhones, S2 & S3, A500, A100,... takes your pick. At one particular location there was a total of 150 portable devices stealing IP addresses of a mere 65 hardwired devices. This happens all the time. As for distance over WIFI - depends on what is in the way. I can get 80 to 100 metres away no problem - couple of walls in the way one of whiich is solid brick.

The router is suspect. The A100, like the A500, uses 2.4GHz and therefore not work on a 5.8GHz signal - maybe that is where your problem is.

12. b1lk1

b1lk1 Member

Tablet / Device:
    Iconia A100/Kyros 7022
    Got my A100 overclocked to 1.5ghz without alot of ork. 2 cores ar that speed makes your argument invalid.