Acer A500 Creak?

Akpl4485

Aug 15, 2011
Hey guys im new to the forum but not new to android tablets! :D I just recently won an Acer Iconia A500 tablet and as you can imagine i was and still am ecstatic!! Before the acer i just had a Mivvy H23 which is a knockoff on one of the Coby 7 inch 2.3 tablets... i dont reccomend it! So i got the tablet in the mail a couple days ago(new) and i noticed when you flex the device it creaks. Is this normal, or is it just my acer? Any and all comments, advice would be greatly appreciated! Aside from that the device is awesome! Its too bad you cant download the official Facebook app though. Thanks!
Matt

cazza

Aug 11, 2011
Does anyone know a work around to get the Facebook app? Is it even being developed?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Grug

Aug 15, 2011
Why even worry about an app when you can go to FB with your stock browser?

Agreed! I use the Opera mobile browser and with the A500 widescreen you dont even need to use a special app for facebook

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Once you put it in a case it won't creak.

You shouldn't be flexing it that much anyway.

The creak is probably at the case joint, and you might be able to find the exact spot by pinching allong the edges till it makes the noise, then using a light oil (sewing machine oil) on a swap along that seam. TINY amounts of oil.

DroidDoes

Jul 30, 2011
I get that creak along the left side (when I'm holding it) on the plastic part if I put pressure on it (normal pressure from holding it). I'm not too worried about it, get a case and you'll be fine.

2wheelsagain

May 29, 2011
Mine creaks. Not worried. Wish it was more tactile though. The number of times I've almost dropped it..........

K9CHP

Aug 3, 2011
I got a plastic cover from aBay. Fits well and feels more grabby. Ten bucks, from Hong Kong.

bclinger

Aug 11, 2011
I use Dolphin Pad for surfing and Facebook. The Facebook application is there, you just have to look for it. As for FriendMe, I gave up on it, it made me work too hard.

Samoa Joe

May 16, 2011
Mine had the same problem and I returned the device and got a new one from Best Buy, reason being I wanted something that didnt sound like a tin toy when using it.

-Joe