Acer A500 dock

iPETE

Jun 29, 2011
Does anyone know how to make/add the dock that acer a500 has?

Also to Admin,
One thing I didn't see is Tablet from HP(discountinue) Touchpad listed in any of the catagories.
You can't beat 1.2ghz(OC'able to 1.9ghz) DUAL core for $200 running on Ice Cream Sammich Android 4.0.
9.7 almost the same size as IPAD with same resolution.

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
I do not quite understand you question. But I have the Acer dock and it is a pretty nice device.

iPETE

Jun 29, 2011
On the homepage you'll see
eREADING GAMES MULTIMEDIA SOCIAL
$thumb_550_acer-iconia-a500-screen-1.png
and than when you click on it
you'll get this, the dock, not the physical docking station.
$thumb_550_acer-iconia-a500-screen-games.png

I guess they call it IU within IU

Last edited:

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
That is not what I get when I put my A500 on the dock. I get three icons: Photos, Music, and Videos. I can select one of these from the touch screen or use the remote. My software version is 3.2.1. What version are you on?

iPETE

Jun 29, 2011
HP Touchpad, Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3 rooted by CM ver 9
I want what is on the Acer A500(honeycombe i think) on my ICS.

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
ICS for the Acer A500 will not be sent out until next month from what I have been reading. There are several revisions to the Honeycomb on the A500. But they should all come up the same on the Acer
dock. When you insert the tablet on the dock with the screen on you should get what I mentioned above. With the screen off I get the unlock screen and it stays that way until I unlock it. If I unlock it it goes to the three items I mentioned.

iPETE

Jun 29, 2011
I don't think you understand what i'm looking for. Please read carefully.

ICS for the Acer A500 will not be sent out until next month from what I have been reading. There are several revisions to the Honeycomb on the A500. But they should all come up the same on the Acer
dock.
I just said "I want what is on the Acer A500(honeycombe i think) on my ICS."

When you insert the tablet on the dock with the screen on you should get what I mentioned above. With the screen off I get the unlock screen and it stays that way until I unlock it. If I unlock it it goes to the three items I mentioned.
Again I just said "you'll get this, the dock, not the physical docking station."

I want to know what they are call or where to download that apps. I just called it dock because when you click on it, it goes to a folder like : games , pix, video. This way I can sort my files.
I want to put it on my Ice Cream Sandwich and eat it. I am not looking for the Acer. Why would I want it on my Acer when it's already on there.
You're not helping me.

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
Please forgive me. I thought you were referring to the docking station that Acer sells as an option. As for the ICS software, I am totally in the dark at this point because it has not been released to the A500 yet. It has been on the internet for download but I would rather wait for the official Acer release. Hopefully someone else will chime in that can help you further. The eReading app you pictured is a propitiatory app that comes on the A500 and built into the A500 firmware. I am afraid I do not know if you will be be able to get a hold of it. But then there are some pretty good app builders out there and someone is sure to copy it if they think enough people will want it.

iPETE

Jun 29, 2011
This is not a topic/subject on ICS, don't bring it up.
As for the ICS software, I am totally in the dark at this point because it has not been released to the A500 yet. It has been on the internet for download but I would rather wait for the official Acer release.

Yes, that's what I'm waiting for.
Hopefully someone else will chime in that can help you further. The eReading app you pictured is a propitiatory app that comes on the A500 and built into the A500 firmware. I am afraid I do not know if you will be be able to get a hold of it. But then there are some pretty good app builders out there and someone is sure to copy it if they think enough people will want it.

biking4jesus

Aug 27, 2011
What you are asking about is called "Acer content folders". It (all 4 icons) is included in the root of the Honeycomb A500 (&A100). Someone with root access may be able to get the apk for you. However, I'm sure there must be better app managers out there. This one is very limited, and can't be modified. The best thiing about it is that Acer didn't make it a shell for the Honeycomb interface (like the Kindle Fire), so you can ignore it if you want to. I use it for categorizing seldom used apps that don't fit on my home screens. For instance, I use "Social" for holding my shopping apps. Of course, you can always get to these apps through the "Apps" button, but that just lists apps alphabetically or by date installed. The content folders at least let you group apps by some category.

iPETE

Jun 29, 2011
That's just what I wanted to know. Content is the folder.
Thanks for help.

What you are asking about is called "Acer content folders". It (all 4 icons) is included in the root of the Honeycomb A500 (&A100). Someone with root access may be able to get the apk for you. However, I'm sure there must be better app managers out there. This one is very limited, and can't be modified. The best thiing about it is that Acer didn't make it a shell for the Honeycomb interface (like the Kindle Fire), so you can ignore it if you want to. I use it for categorizing seldom used apps that don't fit on my home screens. For instance, I use "Social" for holding my shopping apps. Of course, you can always get to these apps through the "Apps" button, but that just lists apps alphabetically or by date installed. The content folders at least let you group apps by some category.

iPETE

Jun 29, 2011
They run around $200 used. Model and specs are mentioned on first thread.

As for the picture you saw, its from acer500. You can make it look like that. That's my intention.
That looks sharp, how much are those going for?