Acer a500 Screen protector

beliyrost

May 1, 2011
Hi, this is my first post here so no judgement. Just want to share with the fellow owners of great acer a500 tablet. I was looking for a screen protector and the only one i could find was the skinomi one which i personally don't like(all that wet application is messy, water + electronic gadgets not a great solution. This is just my opinion.) So I recently found on ebay a regular screen protector(dry application), if somebody interested here it is:
Antiglare Screen Protector for Acer Iconia A500 Tablet | eBay
it is 15.00 +5.90 shipping, not cheap but considering there are not many choices around it should work. When i'll get mine i'll post an update of what i think about it.

There is also another one, i think the are using 3m tape, but it is a wet application.
CLEAR FRONT SCREEN PROTECTOR FOR ACER ICONIA A500 | eBay
this one is 13.99 + free shipping.

Garemlin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2010
I'm waiting for Steinheil or Clarivue to release one for the A500. They are both dry apply, very durable and do not lessen sensitivity, clarity. Nor change the feel of the screen.

wmunn

Apr 25, 2011
I ordered the Zagg invisishield for the a500, will be here this week sometime. Will post up my review then.

Garemlin

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2010
I ordered the Zagg invisishield for the a500, will be here this week sometime. Will post up my review then.

Have you ever used Zagg before??? If so apparently you like them. If not I don't think you are gonna like it.

sontan

Apr 26, 2011
I just got back from my local bestbuy and they did have at least 10 of the Zagg invisishield for the A500. It was $30.

nsw8148

Apr 27, 2011
Are you worried about scratches? The screen is a very dense glass that is almost impossible to scratch just fyi

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

wmunn

Apr 25, 2011
I am not worried about protecting the screen, but anything I can do to reduce the insane amount of fingerprinting is a good thing.

cbotd

Apr 29, 2011
I put on a Zagg Anti Glare screen protector on my A500. Application was easy and it looks nice on the device. No more finger prints and the glare is gone. The anti glare nature of the cover does reduce the clarity of the screen. If you're familiar with Zagg anti glare you may already know it causes a bit of a pixel effect. I believe a non wet application with a "cling" like protector would reduce the negative affect on the screen's clarity. I don't know for sure though.

beliyrost

May 1, 2011
Just got my screen protector today, installed it and it came out descent. It is anti-reflective non-glossy one. I think it does reduce the clarity of the screen a little like the other guy mentioned, but also the viewing angle gets should i say narrower. It is good if you in crowded places and want a privacy, otherwise not so much. Other thing i wanted to mention is the size of a screen protector makes it hard to put on perfectly(maybe it's just me). Mine came out with a little dust under it and some bubbles. Not a big deal, i just like perfect things!

taichimaster

Apr 29, 2011
I was told by a tablet owner that he put car wax on his tablet's screen and it eliminated the fingerprints almost completely.

You think he was pulling my leg or serious?

Ken

wmunn

Apr 25, 2011
It's possible, it will lessen it for sure. I have applied rain-x to screens of PDA's a long time ago such as palm pilots and pocket pc with great effectiveness. Maybe I will try that before installing the zagg product.

sheba611

Apr 22, 2011
I just tried the car wax trick, worked like a charm.
I may try the car wax trick. Which wax did you use (if you don't mind me asking)?

I was thinking of getting the Skinomi protector but I did not want to mess with wet application. I don't like the orange peel feel of the Zagg so that was off my list too. I prefer Steinheil Ultra Crystal (use it on my Droid X) and love it. Don't know if Steinheil will ever make screen protector for the A500. They don't make protectors for every smartphone and tablet.

Monkichi

May 3, 2011
I just got back from my local bestbuy and they did have at least 10 of the Zagg invisishield for the A500. It was $30.

I bought my tablet at Best Buys + got the Zagg shield $30 + installed + 15 but the Zagg shield has these awful horizontal lines across, very visible while reading Kindle white background. I went back & had them reinstall a new one but again I still see the lines. Anyone else has trouble?