Acer A500 tablet - help required.

chrisj73

Jun 29, 2013
Hello everyone,
brand new poster so apologies to admin if this is in the wrong section.

ok, formalities out the way let me ask my questions..

I have been given a very nice Acer A500 tablet - however on handing it to me I was told it hadn't been charged up in about 7 odd months as it had sat in a drawer due to ipad being bought, ok I though not an issue as I can leave it to charge over night, got up this morning and still as dead as a a dead tablet.
I looked at the charger and the port - and the port where you plug the charger into (that pin) was slightly bent, sorted that and plugged it back in - still dead?
would I be correct in saying that because it hasnt been charged in a loooooong time it may take more than a while for the battery to get any sort of charge and start charging as it should? or could something else be wrong? battery? or charger?
I only ask that as if I let my mobile completely die on me it takes a while before it starts to charge.
I was told that to switch it on? I use the button at the side and an orange light comes on..but just now to no avail..

so thats where I am with this nice tablet - any advice would be more than welcomed guys/girls as I would like to get this working as I have seen it work previously and I was impressed then...

I look forward to hearing from you all?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Chris, congratulations on your Acer A500 and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck