Acer a500 wont play music thru car head unit

dfa500

Jan 12, 2012
I have an Acer a500 and i am trying to play music through my trucks radio. I have a Kenwood KDC-MP445U radio installed in the truck. The radio has a front usb port, i tried pluggingmini usb intommy tablet and the regular usb end into the radio. my radio says "no music media connteced". i was using google music to try and play music. there were a few icons on the black bar at the bottom of the screen on my tablet, one was a bee and the other was a flash drive. has anyone tried anything like this or have any suggestions. My iphone (that id love to get rid of) plays music thru the radio all day long.

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
That usb port on your truck is for a usb stick that stores files, most likely. Your tablet won't play music out of a usb port like that. You use it to transfer files to/from your tablet to a PC. You can use the headphone jack on your tablet to output music if you have a stereo jack in your truck, however.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
The Tablet presents it self as a MTP device rather than simple USB storage device.

MTP is fairly new, and requires that what ever you plug into in has to have media navigation (directory scans, searches play controls, etc) built into it that understand the MTP protocol.

The Kenwood KDC-208U supports MTP, but sadly your model doesn't.