Acer Aconia A500 4.0.3 update WiFi problem

mrubinetti

Apr 28, 2012
I have an Acer Iconia A500 and I updated to 4.0.3 this morning. The update went smoothly and the tablet restarted without a problem. When I turned on WiFi it searched and found my home link. Then it rebooted. This keeps happening over and over until I turn off WiFi. I tried connecting to my HoSpot and the same thing occurred. I tried resetting the tablet but still the same problem. Acer Support was no help since the Tablet is out of warranty. They directed me to a site Answerby.com which wants to charge me $100 US to even talk to them about the problem. Please anyone, we need help here. I need my tablet to function since I use it a lot for work.

testshoot

Nov 27, 2011
I have an Acer Iconia A500 and I updated to 4.0.3 this morning. The update went smoothly and the tablet restarted without a problem. When I turned on WiFi it searched and found my home link. Then it rebooted. This keeps happening over and over until I turn off WiFi. I tried connecting to my HoSpot and the same thing occurred. I tried resetting the tablet but still the same problem. Acer Support was no help since the Tablet is out of warranty. They directed me to a site Answerby.com which wants to charge me $100 US to even talk to them about the problem. Please anyone, we need help here. I need my tablet to function since I use it a lot for work.

Hello... I am having the exact same problem...whenever WiFi turns on, it reboots...is stable without wifi, which makes the tablet next to worthless.

testshoot

Nov 27, 2011
I am having the same issue, it just keeps on rebooting when i switch on the wif. Have you found any way to solve this issue yet?.

I had to bite the bullet and do a factory reset. Turn off WiFi so it won't reboot, and then go into the system menu and use the reset option. It will wipe all your data, so backup whatever you care about and do the reset.

I had to reboot the phone twice after the reset to get everything working right.