Acer Docking Stand

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
I finally broke down and bought the dock stand that Acer puts out for the Iconia tablets. Amazon lowered it to $49 with free shipping so I ordered it. I am glad I did. The dock is very well built and has some weight to it. I would guess that is to keep it steady. And the remote is very responsive. I was surprised how well it works. The best part about it for me is the charging without having to fiddle with that tiny plug. You just sit it on the dock and leave it there. And while docked it can pan through your photos as a picture frame. Then there is the audio out function where you can leave it connected to your sound system for playing you music with remote access.

So, if you want a nice way to display your Acer while it charges then this is a great device. I love it.

stevepup

Jul 21, 2011
Very cool! I'll have to consider getting one. The cord on the charger is terribly short and gets lost on my desk so maybe this will be an easier way to charge my tablet.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Yeah, I got one as a gift. It is brilliant and works great. Just don't plug your headphones into the jack on the stand. It will blow your ears out through your nose. The jack is meant for a amplified speaker set where you have volume control.

No forgetting that the cable is plugged into the tablet - walked off a few times with it plugged in. The Docking Station fixed that.
;)

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
So if i cannot charge by side port i can charge with dock?
Yes. But you'll need to use the power pack that came with the acer. But it works great. If you need to grab the acer and go off somewhere you won't have worry about unplugging the cable. Just pick it up and walk off.