Acer Hears a Who - Invitation to Acer Support

taichimaster

Apr 29, 2011
Remember the movie "Horton hears a Who"?

Maybe if we all yell loud enough "We are here! We are here!" we can get a member of Acer Support to join our forum.

Why would Acer want to do this?

1. Learn what the end user is experiencing with their product

2. Find out first hand what we like/dislike

3. Learn what glitches we found

4. Excellent PR with end users

5. Want some beta testers that aren't xda experts - here we are

6. Only need to tell us once what's going on with releases

7. As an Acer tech support person, our website is GOLD!

So when anyone talks to Acer about the A500, drop a line about our website.

Come on Acer tech support, join our group, coffee and doughnuts on me.

Ken

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
The trouble is that this web site immediately diluted their own brand 5 minutes after they had it established.
Rather than making a simple dns change they built an entire new website, and half the post go to the other site and half come here. (Actually, I think this site is doing more business than the other one).

There are simply too many of these sites for Acer Support to log into and monitor.

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
The trouble is that this web site immediately diluted their own brand 5 minutes after they had it established.
Rather than making a simple dns change they built an entire new website, and half the post go to the other site and half come here. (Actually, I think this site is doing more business than the other one).

There are simply too many of these sites for Acer Support to log into and monitor.

Agreed. Even for us, going to and posting on both sites wastes efforts.

androidnewb

Jun 22, 2011
When I called about the update they offered to send me an anonymous survey about what I liked, disliked, what they could improve on, etc. It was about 5 questions, but still direct feedback is sure to get someones attention.

spexwood

May 11, 2011
LOL... I actually wouldnt want an Acer support person to read half the posts on this forum :D
Most people do things to their tablet that Acer would frown upon, like rooting, flashing, etc. If one of these people had a specific issue and asked the Acer support member for help, they would be turned away anyways XD

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
LOL... I actually wouldnt want an Acer support person to read half the posts on this forum :D
Most people do things to their tablet that Acer would frown upon, like rooting, flashing, etc. If one of these people had a specific issue and asked the Acer support member for help, they would be turned away anyways XD

I'm sure Acer knows that people root their android devices...and since that is not supported, an Acer rep could just say that and not offer to provide any support. Not an issue.