Acer Iconia 500 home screen apps

sja68

Nov 18, 2011
Hi, fairly new to the group. I have a question. I have the Acer Iconia 500 and was wondering how to put the apps I use most on the homescreen? I am new to Android and my 500 didn't have a user manual. Can anyone help with this? Thank you.

2000roadie

Aug 12, 2011
In the upper Right hand corner you should have a small icon labeled Apps and a + next to it. If you don't see this (you see the screens that have tables with shelf under it) there is a +. Pressing either the Apps or the +, depending on what you use as home screens, you should find the listed apps and can then add them. If you go in through apps, long press the app to set it on the desired screen. Go in through the +, put a check on the apps you want to add.

scubaboyc

Aug 3, 2011
If this doesn't take you directly to the manual, it will take you to the driver page.
After that: Tablet>Iconia Tab>A500> Documents. Manual at the bottom.
Download

sja68

Nov 18, 2011
Thank you Roadie. I followed your directions and I am enjoying my Acer 500 much more.

In the upper Right hand corner you should have a small icon labeled Apps and a + next to it. If you don't see this (you see the screens that have tables with shelf under it) there is a +. Pressing either the Apps or the +, depending on what you use as home screens, you should find the listed apps and can then add them. If you go in through apps, long press the app to set it on the desired screen. Go in through the +, put a check on the apps you want to add.

sja68

Nov 18, 2011
Thank you, scubaboyc. I downloaded the manual and will read tonight. Thanks for the response

sja68

Nov 18, 2011
Thank you, jgumphress, I now have the manual and will enjoy my Acer 500 a little more. Thanks for the response.