Acer Iconia a100

redcloud

Aug 24, 2011
The differences between the A500 and the A100 is size, portability, and handling. Both units are similar in processor and ram configuration. So the difference comes down to being able to handle its size on the fly so to speak. That is where the A100s flexibility shines, in its ability to be more easily handled. The lack of or reduction in port availibility, is where the A500 shines over its little brother the A100.

D

dvdcatalyst

For those who know 7" is better than 10"

Sent from my MB525 using Android Tablet Forum

At home, the 10" is nice, but if you take it with you, the 7" is a lot easier to lug around.

bolster

Oct 2, 2011
I have been really pleased with the a100. Size, weight, and portability were paramount for me. I was initially disappointed with the battery life, but I have found that keeping the brightness turned down and running it in airplane mode with wifi on works well. The fact that it charges so quickly is a major plus.

I have an HP Touchpad that is very convenient around the house and plays flash very well, but there are more apps to be had with android OS. The a100 is perfect for slipping into a backpack or small bag and so flexible with upgradeable memory. Despite not having an ips screen, it is the best 7 inch tablet out IMHO.

Sent from my A100 using Android Tablet Forum

mrhifi

Sep 2, 2011
I have had mine for two weeks now-The ACER A100 that is. I love the darn thing. I have had other 10'' tablets, they were too bulky to carry well. I have only one hand to use and the 7'' screen size is just right! Battery life for me is a little over 6.6 hours using wifi streaming you tube video. Full screen brightness, full volume on audio! The touch is very responsive on the screen. Wifi has about 300ft range in open space. Android Honeycomb works great on the 7'' layout as it should! All together a super-keeper at least for me. It takes only 2.3 hours to recharge from a full dead state on the battery.....! If it only had 3G or 4G I would be in Nirvana.!!!

ejz

Nov 7, 2011
Download the correct codec I use NCAA player in software mode and I can play anything I want.

Sent from my A100 using Android Tablet Forum

Beethovin

Dec 7, 2011
A question for those who know a 7" is better than a 10"
But first, I totaly agree, 7" is handier to carry while providing a usefull screen size.

Anyone usng the Acer A100 to read media such as Wired.com, thedailybeast.com,
Slate.com or the NYT? Does the Android browser put the above pages in a format
that is easy to scroll through to reach desired articles?
I am presently using a Pandigital 7" Novel. Between the resistive touch screen and
sloppy page presentation with Android 2.2, reading the above media is a challenge at best and more
often simply impossible.

Anyone using the A100 with Skype? Any problems using Skype on this device using
Blue Tooth?

You don't need to read further, but if anyone is interested, my wife uses a full size laptop
and also uses a Kindle. I use (most of the time) a EEE PC NetBook and we have a
mobile 4G LTE HotSpot. In this part of the world 4G is just a very distant dream but
3G does work most of the time. Recently added was a PanDigital 7" Color Novel.
We have 2 cell phones that are setup for POTS (Plain Old Telephone Service)
It works for us as we travel across the country. Skype is used to connect to out of country
phones. The Novel is simple to carry around outside and is a good ereader
but the slow response, poor touch screen and awkward browser page layout makes
me long for a better Tablet.

Thanks for any comments!