Acer Iconia A3-A10 Rooting

desilynn79

Sep 24, 2014
i am trying too root my acer iconia a3-a10.... out of box it had 4.2 jelly bean... i did all updates and it updated to 4.4 kitkat which i like but im having trouble rooting it now... framaroot would do it or so i read when it was 4.2 but... alas i didnt read that til after updating.. it was a present and i was excited to get everything updated etc so i could personalize and didnt think about rooting til after... xda developers has a thread with toolkit but its with that i am having trouble... the developer is slow to respond if at all andi can post in that thread (of over 380 pages0 because i havent made 10 posts yet... also i dont know who to ask for help on there by pm because it discusses several tablet and again there are 380+ pages... any and all help would be appreciated... if someone know how to put it back to 4.2 i can root easily and then update it to kitkat, either way i just want this booger rooted as it has a lot of "crap" i dont use and is just taking up space!

thank you for your help in advance

~~desiree~~

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
A factory reset of the tablet should return you to 4.2, and there should be something in the settings that will do that.
You'll lose everything you've put on the tablet and it will be the way it came out of the box. You will probably be stuck on 4.2. after rooting it as well.
Most tablets won't automatically update the way yours did once they've been rooted.
Your choices seem to be a cleaned up 4.2, the 4.4 you have now, or try to find a custom ROM and flash the tablet.
Perhaps someone more familiar with your tablet will come up with a better solution like the one on XDA. Good luck!

desilynn79

Sep 24, 2014
i did a factory reset before under back up and restore... stays at kitkat.. in recovery mode there is a wipe data// factory rest... might this do it? after rooting with framaroot supposedly you can still do update and be rooted according to what i read... im just not sure if doing factory reset in recovery will take it back to 4.2... its a pain to find out the hard way that it doesnt... any insight?

desilynn79

Sep 24, 2014
well im back on 4.2 with loads and loads of research and luck... still cant root... looking for rooted system.img.gz file for RV05RC01 gen 1 thats already rooted so i can use tool kit... i used smart phone flash tool to get 4.2.2 back.. took lots of time and trial and error to get everything just so so that i could do that but once all way in place how it should be i worked like a charm and in under 5 mins...

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
i am trying too root my acer iconia a3-a10.... out of box it had 4.2 jelly bean... i did all updates and it updated to 4.4 kitkat which i like but im having trouble rooting it now... framaroot would do it or so i read when it was 4.2 but... alas i didnt read that til after updating.. it was a present and i was excited to get everything updated etc so i could personalize and didnt think about rooting til after... xda developers has a thread with toolkit but its with that i am having trouble... the developer is slow to respond if at all andi can post in that thread (of over 380 pages0 because i havent made 10 posts yet... also i dont know who to ask for help on there by pm because it discusses several tablet and again there are 380+ pages... any and all help would be appreciated... if someone know how to put it back to 4.2 i can root easily and then update it to kitkat, either way i just want this booger rooted as it has a lot of "crap" i dont use and is just taking up space!

thank you for your help in advance

~~desiree~~
http://www.jellydroid.com/2014/02/acer-iconia-a3-a10-tablet/

flashram

Mar 7, 2015
kingo android root is awesome... wont brick and i got successful verified root... thank you for your help.[/QUOTDid you go back to kitkat or stayed in 4.2 (I did first update, lost root and rooted back with kingo). Im afraid of updating to kitkat!!! ¿will it root?