Acer iconia A500 battery life?

drmadhuks

Apr 19, 2012
Hello,
Im from india. I have a nice offer for acer iconia a500 from ebay india which ends tonight. I dont have much time to read reviews.

1. how is the battery life? Is it satisfactory. The sub 3500ma seems modest as per present stds. I would like to know the user experience. Did anybody feel the battery isnt good enough.
2. Does the usb recognise and allow transfer of files from a portable external hard disk which draws power from usb.. eg seagate 320gb.
3. Is there any way to power it via portable chargers that charge from battery?

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Hello,
Im from india. I have a nice offer for acer iconia a500 from ebay india which ends tonight. I dont have much time to read reviews.

1. how is the battery life? Is it satisfactory. The sub 3500ma seems modest as per present stds. I would like to know the user experience. Did anybody feel the battery isnt good enough.
2. Does the usb recognise and allow transfer of files from a portable external hard disk which draws power from usb.. eg seagate 320gb.
3. Is there any way to power it via portable chargers that charge from battery?

1. I've gotten over nine hours out of it. Do not run the battery below 15% charge immediately while the tablet is still on.

2. Yes no problem. I've used WD 1, 1.5, 2 TBs plus an array of USB STICKS, keyboards, mice, and USB HUBS.

3. Cannot charge via USB. The unit requires its oem plug pack because of the matched pairing. Various guys have tried different options but success is not guaranteed. In your situation I would get an INVERTOR to convert the battery to the acceptable voltage of the plug pack.