Acer Iconia A500 "No wifi connection"

odirty06

Jul 30, 2011
I just bought my Acer a500 today, connected to my Motorola internet router. It shows that its connected, however I can't get on the internet. "Google, Yahoo, ESPN, etc..."

I've tried the paper clip factory reset with no results. Can someone please give me some advise?!

mark57

Jun 29, 2011
Sorry, i'm just new to my acer tab, but you might try setting a static ip address in the wireless setup.page? Assume you have access to the routers config tool?

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

tonyselon

Jul 23, 2011
hi

I had same problem with my Iconia tab and Virgin media router. I have Sky router too which it could detect internet connection but only via powerline distribution not direct with Sky router.

I tried inputting the mac address of the Iconia into Sky router and this worked but I couldnt do same for Virgin router. Then upgrade to Honyeycomb 3.1 came along with version 4.010.38 ( I am in London UK ) and after successful install Iconia detects Virgin with full Internet access and at 20mb speed I am happy bunny.

So make sure u got latest update for your region as previous versions did have problems detecting secure wi-fi or dropping the connection.

TP

odirty06

Jul 30, 2011
Leeh007, I have my Hp Omni PC connected via wifi. It,s working fine!!

odirty06

Jul 30, 2011
I'm not very computer/tablet savvy. Can someone give me step by step directions on how to fix this problem? Two days ago it connected but i still couldn't use the internet. Now it won't connect at all. So far I like the Acer Inconia A500 tab. I choose it over the iPad2. I really don't want to return it. However if I can't use it to it's fullest.....why have it! Help please!