Acer Iconia A500 Now Receiving Ice Cream Sandwich Update Too!

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
icecreamsandwich-dark.jpg

We have confirmation from one of our members in the forums that the A500 is also now getting the OTA update of Ice Cream Sandwich! This one came as a surprise, as the only confirmation we had was that the A100 would be getting the update soon. It's great to see Acer taking care of their customers. Yum! Ice Cream Sandwich!

Thanks for the tip, spear!

The_Nick

Apr 25, 2012
I'm from Argentina and now my Acer A500 is Updeted to ICS.
Thanks Acer and thnaks Google overall ;)

jesuppes

Oct 13, 2011
Just got ICS update this morning on my Acer A500. Everything working great. I updated all of my apps first and downloaded the updater from Google play. Nicer look; auto correction when typing; Java updated automatically after install.

sathyansn

Apr 30, 2012
Hi friends, I got the Ics update on the second day of the tab purchase. successfully got updated. and with the help of previous blogs i have access to root. but the problem is not able to give permission for wpa_supp file. when i try Adhoc wifi enabler app, i am getting this error message "unable to mount filesystem in read/write mode". can any 1 please help me. I am new to android.

jesuppes

Oct 13, 2011
sathyansn said:
Hi friends, I got the Ics update on the second day of the tab purchase. successfully got updated. and with the help of previous blogs i have access to root. but the problem is not able to give permission for wpa_supp file. when i try Adhoc wifi enabler app, i am getting this error message "unable to mount filesystem in read/write mode". can any 1 please help me. I am new to android.

I didn't root or anything. Just download the free Kingsoft Office app and Astro File Manager. I downloaded HP e-print app to print to my HP wireless printer. Hope this helps. Acer A500 tablet.

rider45

May 4, 2012
Got my update a week ago when I booted up. Went smooth as silk. Was disapointed it didnt fix the ridiculous cropping for Desktop! Havent played around much with it, but right now the only difference I see is that a couple of screens are reversed...so what am I missing?? (I know I will get blasted on this one)