Acer Iconia A500 Root required error with Screen Shot It

MyJewishSoul

May 31, 2011
My device is rooted but the app 'Screen Shot It' will not run. When I run the app I get this error: Root required
Your phone does not appear to be rooted or has not been given root privileges. To use this application please provide root privileges to this application.
and then the app crashes.

I have also tried a few other screen shot apps, but so far not one has worked.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mar 30, 2011
Try uninstall/reinstall and make sure you have busybox installed. Open busybox if you have it and update.

MyJewishSoul

May 31, 2011
Try uninstall/reinstall and make sure you have busybox installed. Open busybox if you have it and update.

Thank you for your response, but that was the first thing I tried and it didn't help.

Last edited:

MyJewishSoul

May 31, 2011
Now I'm getting this error with every widget I install.

Sorry
The application (process com.acer.android.widgets.agenda) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

robdroid

May 4, 2011
I haven't found a (free) screen cap app that's worked from the A500 yet either.
I do my screen caps with the A500 connected to my PC from the Android SDK now- it's 100% reliable and free.

I took notes last time I used it (be sure to install USB drivers for A500 before starting):

Enable USB Debugging on tablet
Connect tablet to computer via usb
Open windows explorer on PC
Assuming that you have SDK path configured correctly- Launch ddms (from SDK/tools/ folder).
There should be your device in the list. Click on the device, and then from Device menu choose “Screen Capture”.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
The only Honeycomb compatible screenshot program that we currently know of is Screenshot ER. There's another site that, if you are a member and do a search, you might find a free copy, from the developer. ;-) MyJewishSoul, it's not your tab, it's the program. You are still rooted. You'll get that with most of the programs you try. The ones that do let you take a picture won't show a picture.