Acer Iconia A500 vs Viewsonic gTablet?

mikespe

May 18, 2011
Just remember it also depends on the widgets you're running. I'm running a few and I still get about 10 hours plus Bluetooth is running too and the GPS.

I have GPS & WIFI running along with about 5 widgets running...This rom gets GREAT battery life...undervolting really helps...you just can't go too much. I would never go more than -50mV...

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I have GPS & WIFI running along with about 5 widgets running...This rom gets GREAT battery life...undervolting really helps...you just can't go too much. I would never go more than -50mV...

Probably good info for those who do overclocked. Generally speaking though if you up the clock speed you have to increase the voltage. However you could probably drop the voltage on the Bus and the Ram refresh cycle. Which did you decrease? CPU?

mikespe

May 18, 2011
Probably good info for those who do overclocked. Generally speaking though if you up the clock speed you have to increase the voltage. However you could probably drop the voltage on the Bus and the Ram refresh cycle. Which did you decrease? CPU?

I use SetCPU to handle it...I believe it's CPU...they have the stock voltages listed in the app for each clock setting...then you just under/over volt as needed. The reason for undervolting is to keep the heat down. when you overclock the cpu they tend to get hot sometimes. Undervolting causes less heat so it won't damage the CPU. With the rom I COULD go to 1.6ghz but I won't chance it. A few guys on Thor's forum are running fine at 1.6 but a few others start to lose stability...I'll stick between 1.4-1.5...my tablet runs perfectly at those speeds.