Acer iconia a500 with honeycomb and tegra 2 can't handle live wallpapers!

bdubble

Apr 27, 2011
So when I first got the tab (on release day), I started out messing with the honeycomb wallpapers (non live ones) for awhile, then I started messing around with the live wallpapers. In hindsight this was where my problems started. I started having alot of touchscreen freezing, and after just now downloading my old fave live wallpapers and trying them out, although beautiful, hardly funtional. I decided to go back to a non-live honeycomb wallpaper, and BAM, no more freezes. Hope this is a honeycomb thing and not an iconia thing.
Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
I'm surprised at this. Besides the ones on tap, I downloaded 6 different live wallpapers. I didn't think a few of them were anything special but they all worked with no problems. It should be noted that I only tried them for about 15 mins at a time, except for the one I settled on. No problems at all with the one that I decided to use (that I downloaded from Amazon Market.)

overclockedi7

Apr 25, 2011
Agreed I have no problems I got a few which were nothing special and a bit pixelated but worked fine. I'm actually using the ice galaxy live walpaper from the market as a set wallpaper and no problems for a few days now

Jovian

Apr 28, 2011
My Iconia is working perfectly, and I've been running live wallpaper for two days now.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
So when I first got the tab (on release day), I started out messing with the honeycomb wallpapers (non live ones) for awhile, then I started messing around with the live wallpapers. In hindsight this was where my problems started. I started having alot of touchscreen freezing, and after just now downloading my old fave live wallpapers and trying them out, although beautiful, hardly funtional. I decided to go back to a non-live honeycomb wallpaper, and BAM, no more freezes. Hope this is a honeycomb thing and not an iconia thing.

I wonder if the wallpaper you were using were designed for a different size screen. Do you have the same problem with the stock live wallpapers?

sheba611

Apr 22, 2011
I downloaded Twisted Colors (one of the compatible Honeycomb apps) and it runs great on my A500.

v62cobra

May 1, 2011
I have no problems with any of the wallpapers. Can't think of the name, but the I use one that's a lightning storm in the background. Only time a live wallpaper gave me problems was on my htc incredible. It would get stuck on the google maps wallpaper and not change with the gps location change. An uninstall and an update from Google fixed it though