Acer Iconia Accessories

it2steve

Feb 16, 2011
I've been on the move trying to get a variety of accessories available to us as I do with the gTab and it's slowly starting to work. There are ThinSkins, Screen Protectors, Chargers, and cases available from different sources.

I ordered a few of the accessories that the US Acer store had listed only to be told they were on backorderd for several weeks. Needless to say I received word that my dock should be delivered in the next few hours. Needless to say i will get a full review up and posted for all to see as I do with all my other 'crap' :)

spexwood

May 11, 2011
Oh oh oh! Definitely tell us about the media dock once you get it and have toyed around with it!
I was looking at getting one myself. Im curious if the remote will work in Market apps like Buzz Player too (maybe you can test it?).

Also, what kind of cases are you talking about? Actual fitting cases or sleeves? All I can find is the Acer case (I bought it from Staples.com... returned to Staples store the day after receiving it), but would love to get something that didnt require me to force the tablet into it and also allowed access to all peripherals, including the memory card slot.

it2steve

Feb 16, 2011
Oh oh oh! Definitely tell us about the media dock once you get it and have toyed around with it!
I was looking at getting one myself. Im curious if the remote will work in Market apps like Buzz Player too (maybe you can test it?).

Also, what kind of cases are you talking about? Actual fitting cases or sleeves? All I can find is the Acer case (I bought it from Staples.com... returned to Staples store the day after receiving it), but would love to get something that didnt require me to force the tablet into it and also allowed access to all peripherals, including the memory card slot.

There are some custom cases in the works from the same people that designed them got the Viewsonic gTab.

There is a small dock review here

spexwood

May 11, 2011
There are some custom cases in the works from the same people that designed them got the Viewsonic gTab.

There is a small dock review here

Since you say that they are in the works, I guess they arent available yet, but do you have any links to either buy them or at least to get a look at them? Im curious to see if they are better than the Acer one (all external ports accessible including memory card slots and not so tight).

Thanks if you can :)

redcloud

Aug 24, 2011
I purchased the Targus Truss case for the Acer Iconia A500, and find it to be a very good fit. The case is well made, has a slot for my stylus, and provides good protection for my tablet. The tablet can be easily removed when needed, it is a little thick, but your tablet is well protected. The only thing I did not like was the elastic strap that holds it closed, it will give you fits sometimes when securing it in the closed position.:rolleyes: