Acer Iconia Android Tablets Release Delayed

dandroid

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009
acer_iconia_tablet.png

TAIWANESE HARDWARE OUTFIT Acer has confirmed delays to its Iconia Tab W500 Windows tablet and A500 Android tablet of almost a month.

The INQUIRER attended Acer's briefing for the tablets on 24 March where we were told the two 10-inch tablets would be available from 8 April. The large W500 and A500 tablets are now set to come out on 1 May, according to Amazon.co.uk, along with the smaller A100 tablet, a delay of almost a month.

The A100 is a 7-inch tablet, which we were told at the briefing was due in May. This is still on course and it will cost around £300, but at The Gadget Show Live that The INQUIRER attended this week, the A100 was still running Android 2.2 instead of Android 3.0.

Continue Reading @ Acer iconia tablets get delayed until may- The Inquirer

For more discussions, be sure to check out the Acer Iconia Forum

Nate Rules

Jan 14, 2011
I'm going to buy this or the Transformer. At first I wanted the Transformer until I saw it had no usb on the tablet and a proprietary charger. So I was leaning towards the Acer because I'm not going to need the keyboard. Now I don't know what to do. Probably just buy the one that is available first.

paulmgleeson

Apr 15, 2011
Hi, I find this surprising as I bought one on Tuesday from PCWorld. So far very impressed with it, fast, stable, good build quality.