Acer Iconia Tab A500 Available April 24th on Best Buy Pre-order for $449

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Jan 5, 2011
Acer_Iconia_Tab_A500.jpg

Acer officially announced their Iconia A500 tablet will be available for pre-order from Best Buy at $449 bucks on April 24th. This is their Wi-Fi only Honeycomb tablet with a 10.1 inch screen, 16GB storage, and a NVIDIA Tegra 250 1GHz dual-core processor with integrated GeForce GPU. Here's a 'snippet' from the press release, with the full press release at the source link below.
The Acer Iconia Tab A500 was built for usability on-the go. Its slim and modern aluminum design weighs only 1.69 pounds and measures only 0.52-inches thin. It also includes forward and rear-facing cameras for capturing videos and photos as well as video conferencing.

A Best Buy exclusive, the Acer Iconia Tab A500 with WiFi is now available for pre-order online at bestbuy.com and may be pre-ordered in stores beginning April 14. The Acer Iconia Tab A500 with WiFi will be available in stores and online beginning April 24. The Acer Iconia Tab A500 has a manufacturer’s suggested retail price of $449.99.
Source: Acer Iconia Tab A500 Best Buy Pre-Order Full Press Release

ceramicsaturn

Mar 22, 2011
As a current Nook owner, I have to say I'm really wanting this (especially since it has HC). I like the smaller size of the Nook, but for the price, this is very tempting. I liked the Xoom, but the price point had me buying a Nook instead. The tablet scene will really start to pick up. I can't wait to see what the rest of this year will bring for Android HC tablets.

sopranosv

Nov 22, 2010
Now this is a real competitor in the tablets arena. Questions: flash and SD card support right out of the box?

I would love to see a head to head comparison, but please, not with the iPad or iPad2 "once again". I would rather prefer to start reading/wieving comparisons against Xoom, etc. (I mean, Android vs Android)

HTC Fan

Nov 21, 2010
SD card right out of the box, but Flash might just be a simple download from the market. I hear the screen is better than XOOM. Pretty much the XOOM with less ram and less flash memory. Very good price

garbagecanman

Apr 3, 2011
Word is at&t 3g version possibly around the summer time

Sent from my Generic.Black.FlyTouch using Android Tablet Forum

Big_Jim

Mar 16, 2011
This looks like a much better deal, especially if the memory slot is working from the start. I can get cheap SD cards, no big deal.