Acer Iconia Tab A500 For $400 From Target + $50 Giftcard Starting July 17th

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 16, 2011

a500.jpg

Here’s an amazing deal if it turns out to be real. Android Police reports that Target will start running a promo for the Acer Iconia Tab A500 on July 17. The offer will go on as long as supplies last. You’ll be able to buy the 10.1-inch Android Honeycomb tablet for just $400. But wait, there’s more. You’ll also receive a $50 Target gift card, which will effectively make the tablet’s price a mind-blowing $350.

That’s by far the cheapest we’ve ever seen a Honeycomb tablet go for, so needless to say that if you’re in the market for such a device, this is one deal that you shouldn’t miss. At this price, even if you weren’t sure whether you should get an Android tablet or one powered by another operating system, you should probably consider the Iconia Tab.

The Iconia A500 sports the standard specs that we've become accustomed to seeing out of Honeycomb tablets:
  • 10.1 Inch 1280x800 display
  • 1Ghz dual-core Tegra 2 processor
  • 1GB RAM
  • 16GB storage, MicroSD card slot
  • 5MP rear and 2MP front cameras
  • USB and microHDMI ports
  • Android 3.1

Be sure to check out the source link for everything Acer Tablet related!

Source: Acer Tablet Forum via Android Police

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 16, 2011
Android Police updated their post with an image and here it is:

targetdeal.png

fbales

May 5, 2010
Wow, sweet deal. As I've mentioned in other posts at this site that I'm not crazy about the 10 inch tablets--I really prefer hand-held devices--but this might be just too good a deal to pass up. Looks like I'll be going to Target early on Sunday. Good luck to all who want to get one.

Frank

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
OK, I pulled the trigger on one.

Not a bad tablet at all!
See you on the forum!

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 16, 2011
Target's weekly ad has been updated.

If you plan on taking advantage of this deal, you better hit the store early because once they're sold out, that's it!

fbales

May 5, 2010
I dropped in my local Target on Saturday just to check their supply, and to make sure this deal was real. Unfortunately they had only one unit. I asked if I could get the $399 price and gift card early, since they only had one. They checked, and while the price was already at $399, they couldn't give me the card. So I took a gamble and got the tablet, and went back today, and they gave me the $50 gift card. I played with it most of yesterday and today, and I'm pretty impressed with the A500; it's a very, very nice tablet. What I like best is there's no half eaten apple on the back. :) The screen is glossy, but beautiful. I haven't watched a movie yet, but I watched a bunch of trailers, and YouTube vids with no problems. Listened to music, read some books and magazines, and played games--very impressive. It is nice surfing the web with this larger screen (I have a 7" VM Cruz), and it's really fast. The two biggest drawbacks (one should be solved soon) is it hasn't had a firmware update to 3.1 yet, still 3.0.1. The other is it's a bit heavy. I mean at 1.69 lbs it's on the heavy side for a tablet, but hey, I remember when laptops were the size of a suit case. The few ounces difference is really no big deal. I read for 2 1/2 hours this afternoon, and it wasn't any worse than a large book.

This deal can't be beat right now, and I'd recommend this tablet to anyone.

Frank

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 16, 2011
True dat.
Mine was the last one in the store.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

I dropped in my local Target on Saturday just to check their supply, and to make sure this deal was real. Unfortunately they had only one unit. I asked if I could get the $399 price and gift card early, since they only had one. They checked, and while the price was already at $399, they couldn't give me the card. So I took a gamble and got the tablet, and went back today, and they gave me the $50 gift card. I played with it most of yesterday and today, and I'm pretty impressed with the A500; it's a very, very nice tablet. What I like best is there's no half eaten apple on the back. :) The screen is glossy, but beautiful. I haven't watched a movie yet, but I watched a bunch of trailers, and YouTube vids with no problems. Listened to music, read some books and magazines, and played games--very impressive. It is nice surfing the web with this larger screen (I have a 7" VM Cruz), and it's really fast. The two biggest drawbacks (one should be solved soon) is it hasn't had a firmware update to 3.1 yet, still 3.0.1. The other is it's a bit heavy. I mean at 1.69 lbs it's on the heavy side for a tablet, but hey, I remember when laptops were the size of a suit case. The few ounces difference is really no big deal. I read for 2 1/2 hours this afternoon, and it wasn't any worse than a large book.

This deal can't be beat right now, and I'd recommend this tablet to anyone.

Frank

Congrats guys! ;)

rusty

Jul 21, 2011
I bought one of these but when I went to register they gave me a $50
giftcard and charged me $399 for the A500 with a total bill of $449!
I returned the unit to customer service and still await return on CC!
We wwent round and round about this to no avail. No more Target business from me!