Acer info re 3.1 update

lded21

Jul 2, 2011
I simply manually set my ip to resolve this (posted process in another thread) no issues since

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

Batchman

May 14, 2011
They did not have information to give at this time on Android 3.2 thats already being released to Motorola Xoom and Asus Transformer.

The 3.1 update hasn't even started rolling out yet in Germany. And as for 3.2, Zoom users here are also still waiting for the 3.1 update.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Just hitting this thread to state that 4.010.10 just hit my tablet this find monday morning (west coast usa).

johnburton

May 26, 2011
I just got the update too... but, it doesn't work. I get the error message: "Invalid update- The system update is invalid and has been canceled."

johnburton

May 26, 2011
This is actually what happened with the previous update... I downloaded it probably 15 times... and each time I got the error message.
I did a factory reset, and it did go a little further, but then on reboot the Android robot screen had an exclamation mark... it rebooted again without applying the update.

Ideas?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Tech support?
Replacement?
Is there a different WIFI network you can use? (Cacheing proxy server between you and Acer might be dishing you a broken update repeatedly).
Unfortunately, i did not snag a copy of the update before installing it.

johnburton

May 26, 2011
I contacted Acer tech support during the last update issue... they said there's nothing that can be done... can't replace it because it's a software issue and not a hardware issue. It was quite frustrating. So, basically, I'm left with a device that can't be updated... I'm wondering if I should do another factory reset and try again.

Where is the temp download file stored? I may delete that first and try the download again.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Since the software and the hardware both came from Acer, DO NOT accept the answer that its a software problem.

Keep demanding to speak to a higher level. Don't get nasty, but make it clear you are not going away till you get it solved.

I suppose you could also take it back to where you bought it and demand a replacement, and make them deal with Acer.

I don't know exactly the download goes, but this update ought to appear on XDA web site within an hour. There
will be someone there who knows how to handle a side-loaded update.

The Americas
United States of America
Acer America Corp.
333 W. San Carlos Street, Suite 1500
San Jose, CA 95110, USA
Tel: +1-408-533-7700
Fax: +1-408-533-4555
Home | Acer

spexwood

May 11, 2011
Since the software and the hardware both came from Acer, DO NOT accept the answer that its a software problem.

Keep demanding to speak to a higher level. Don't get nasty, but make it clear you are not going away till you get it solved.

I suppose you could also take it back to where you bought it and demand a replacement, and make them deal with Acer.

I don't know exactly the download goes, but this update ought to appear on XDA web site within an hour. There
will be someone there who knows how to handle a side-loaded update.

The Americas
United States of America
Acer America Corp.
333 W. San Carlos Street, Suite 1500
San Jose, CA 95110, USA
Tel: +1-408-533-7700
Fax: +1-408-533-4555
Home | Acer

As long as the update is available, your tablet says it is available, AND you havent tampered with the software of your tablet (ie not rooting and deleting system files or default bloatware) or flashed it, then the problemis Acer's. As Icebike said, put your foot down and get them to do something about it (your tab should still be under warranty anyway and it should cover the entire tablet, NOT just hardware), but dont get nasty about it. No one does anything nice for nasty attitudes.

If you flashed and/or rooted, then it is probably your fault. Not saying this stuff is bad (my tab is rooted), but if something software-related gets npmessed up, Acer isnt responsible. You need to fix it yourself or live with the problem.

johnburton

May 26, 2011
It's in its original condition. No root. I'm on hold with Acer now. Hope they can help. While I'm waiting, does anybody know where the downloaded update is? I'd like to avoid redownloading that huge file again and again as I work through this.

hunted

Jul 4, 2011
OK just finish installing the OTA I am officially know running 3.1 ver. i was running build #Acer_a500_1.141.07_com_gen1 honeycomb 3.0.1! At 1:50pm central standard time i turned it on and tada it stated i had an update, i let it d/dl and know i am running build#acer_a500_4.010.11_com_gen2 honeycomb ver 3.1 So far i noticed that in the status under storage it lets you know more than before such as pics videos and so forth. lets see what other changes have some work to do then it can be play time.........;-}

hunted

Jul 4, 2011
oh H+++l ya i luv the 3.1 update now i can use my logitech track ball this is F****** awesome

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
OK just finish installing the OTA I am officially know running 3.1 ver. i was running build #Acer_a500_1.141.07_com_gen1 honeycomb 3.0.1! At 1:50pm central standard time i turned it on and tada it stated i had an update, i let it d/dl and know i am running build#acer_a500_4.010.11_com_gen2 honeycomb ver 3.1 So far i noticed that in the status under storage it lets you know more than before such as pics videos and so forth. lets see what other changes have some work to do then it can be play time.........;-}

Howcome you get .11 and I get .10 ?
Is yours 16gig or 32gig?

Somebody short changed me .01 dammit!!! ;)

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
It's in its original condition. No root. I'm on hold with Acer now. Hope they can help. While I'm waiting, does anybody know where the downloaded update is? I'd like to avoid redownloading that huge file again and again as I work through this.

It isn't that big. It seemed to download very fast.
Maybe its just a patch.