Acer & Lenovo to Launch Quad-Core Tablets in 2012

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 16, 2011

acer-logo.jpg

Acer reportedly plans to launch a quad-core Android 4.0 tablet early next year that will compete against Eee Pad Transformer Prime from Asus and an upcoming quad-core device from Samsung, sources tell Digitimes.

Android Tablets powered by dual core processors from Acer (Iconia Tab A500), Asus (Eee Pad Transformer) and Samsung (Galaxy Tab) did not capture the market to the extent they were expected to, but all three vendors have decided to remain in the field.

Lenovo too is expected to launch a quad core processor tablet early next year crowding the market. Quad core tablet offerings from Acer and Lenovo are expected to be priced between US $459-599, which rules out potential Amazon Kindle Fire customers being lured.

So will you be getting a Quad-Core beast next year?

Source: Acer Tablet Forum via DigiTimes

RobKort

Nov 23, 2011
It is funny that with all the bells and whistles this tablets have, they will be outsold by the little Kindle Fire in a short period of time. Maybe they should be paying attention. $200-$300 seems to be the magic number with some decent specs to match.

Sent from Rob's TapadaAtrix :)

Bob83

May 11, 2011
The only reason I have not purchased a tablet yet is because I have been waiting on the quad processor and 2nd generation models to come out. Yes I plan to purchase one next year when enough come out for me to compare features.

FrY10cK

Nov 27, 2011
First post on these forums. Really happy to find them. Been looking hard at the Samsung Galaxy Media Player 5.0". GPS, VOIP, like a smart phone with no cellular contract and awesome MP3/media capabilities.

But while shopping in NYC, I started looking at tablets. The extra size is nice but they're not pocketable.

Now you say Acer, Lenovo, and Samsung are all coming out with quad-core Android 4.0 tablets in 2012? This sounds pretty darn appealing. I think I'll wait until Q-whatever, 2012 and look at these devices.

Off topic, anyone have a link to a howto for torrifying the Android browser?

redcloud

Aug 24, 2011
You bet, I will be on the quad core band wagon, as soon as it starts rolling. Presently I have an Acer A500, but am looking at the Asus Transformer prime, as my next tablet. 'The speed of the quad core is what I am looking forward to. Hope it becomes available soon, I am getting antsy.

redcloud

Aug 24, 2011
They should be working on more improvements on battery life than processor power.

Each successive processor upgrade gets a little less power hungry. Its all in the processor and graphic chipset that requires the power. But I do agree on your point. They should work harder on the chipsets power consumption, battery ratio. Also on the replacebility of the battery, with out the need for a soldering iron. Asus does the basic design utilizing the chipset developed by Nvidia. As we all know, Nvidia has some power hungry desktop video cards.
Guess we will see soon enough how much improvement in the new tablets power cunsumption has been acheived, if any.

Lectruck

Apr 23, 2011
Wow, Quad core competition will be great.

Power improvement. Asus Transformer 9.5 hrs, Asus Transformer Prime 12 hrs, what is not to love about this? And of course add the Dock and you will need to recharge tomorrow or the day after...

Don

fbales

May 5, 2010
Yes I will be getting The Beast. I've asked for a Transformer Prime for my birthday in January. (Told my wife I'd even chip in a little to get it.) :)

Frank

fatheads808

Nov 30, 2011
I jus bought the lenovo k1 and i luv it. But to find out hat the just released the newest one the next day..oh well..but not bad for the price 299.00 from office depot and the only thing wrong js the sleep mode .....trying to wake up have to reset? But dont really care.
Aloha,

Sent from my K1 using Android Tablet Forum