add shortuct to home

sheryltoo

Nov 9, 2012
I wanted to add a shortcut to my home page for a website I go to every day but it's grayed out. Can you not add shortcuts for websites?
I just bought this tablet today so I'm still learning.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
It depends on which browser you are using. Some browsers allow you to just create a shortcut on your home screen, other browsers you need to bookmark the site, then manage your bookmarks and send the link to the home screen.

If you let me know which browser you are using, I will see if I can get more detailed instructions for you.

sheryltoo

Nov 9, 2012
Gosh, I don't even know what browser I'm using. I just clicked on the internet icon and opened what ever is pre installed on the tablet. I'm still feeling my way around so I don't even know where I could look to see what browser I'm using.
It must be the default, what ever that is.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Using the stock browser, on the address bar there is a star.

Tap the star. On the pop up window, enter the label you want it to say, and make sure the address is correct.

The account doesn't much matter.

Where it says Add To: select Home screen and hit OK. Then it should be on your home screen somewhere.

sheryltoo

Nov 9, 2012
Ok. I got it. There wasn't a line that said "Add to" but there was an arrow next under the folders tab and when I clicked that, it gave me the option to put the link on the homescreen.
Thanks.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Ahh, might be the difference between ICS browser and Jelly Bean Browser.

Glad you got it sorted out.

Also, welcome back to Android. I have heard the Note is a nice tablet.

sheryltoo

Nov 9, 2012
Thanks for the welcome back. I'm kind of mad at myself for trying an ipad. I knew it wasn't going to work for me because one of the main reasons I wanted a tablet was so I could share some of my home videos or photos with friends when I'm not home. Apple makes it very difficult.
So far I'm liking this tablet better then the Ausus transformer. I like the feel of it better but I wish I understood how to use it. My only complaint would be that there's not a lot of storage on it so I'm hoping I can safe things to an sd card.
The tablet is a 16gb tablet and I really haven't added much but I only have 10gbs left. I had more storage on the Asus transformer.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Over at XDA, users have confirmed that the newer firmware for the Note can take a 64 GB microSDXC card formatted for exFAT (the default format of these cards). http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1897260

You can use a file manager to put files on the microSD. I use ES File Explorer, but File Manager HD is also a good one.

External storage cannot be used to install apps, but almost any other files can be stored and used there (documents, music, movies, pictures, etc.)

sheryltoo

Nov 9, 2012
Alright, thanks. I downloaded ES File Explorer on the Asus tablet after reading one of your help pages. I'll download it to the Galaxy.