Adding Apps To Home Screen?

gollum65

Dec 16, 2011
I just got my Sylvania Express 7 last night. It's my first tablet so not used to it yet. I'm sure this question has been asked but I can't find the answer. If someone can please direct me to it I'd appreciate it. I figured out how to remove apps & widgets to your home screen. How do you add them? On my android phone I just hold my finger on an empty spot and a menu pops up to add a shortcut. Doesn't happen on the tablet.

Any help would be appreciated.

cfrockit

Dec 26, 2010
I just got my Sylvania Express 7 last night. It's my first tablet so not used to it yet. I'm sure this question has been asked but I can't find the answer. If someone can please direct me to it I'd appreciate it. I figured out how to remove apps & widgets to your home screen. How do you add them? On my android phone I just hold my finger on an empty spot and a menu pops up to add a shortcut. Doesn't happen on the tablet.

Any help would be appreciated.
Welcome to the forum!

While much of the information in the forum may not be clearly marked using the "Search Forum" feature will generally find the answer.

Here is an example of adding an application that has been installed but does not display on the Home screen.

The Gmail application is not initially displayed on the main application window.

To add Gmail to the main application menu follow these steps:
From the main app window -

• Touch the Menu icon in the top-right of the screen (represented by four horizontal lines) or Press the Menu button on the back of the tablet
• Touch the ‘Add Application’ icon on the bottom left

• Under Select Activity, select ‘Gmail’ and select.

The newly added application icon will now appear on the main screen.

gollum65

Dec 16, 2011
Thanks for the response. I have add widget but not add application like on my phone. It's the updated android OS I think (2.21)? I'll keep playing with it.