Adding pictures/videos from a Canon camera to A2109A

tnewc

Feb 7, 2013
How do I download pictures and videos from my Canon camera to my A2109A? The camera isn't showing anywhere. I also have a SD to USB adaptor that doesn't show up, either. Haven't seen any apps that work. Thanks for your help.

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
Do you have file explorer set up so it let's you go up to the top? This does not require root, just a setting. You should see a USB Drive folder.

tnewc

Feb 7, 2013
I've installed 4 file managers and none of them display a USB drive folder.

arbarnhart

Jan 1, 2013
In the file explorer that came with the tablet - ES File Explorer - go into settings, scroll down near the bottom and click Root Settings. Most of the settings in there require Root access, but the one I am talking about "Up to Root" does not. Check that. Now when you go back to files, you can go up a folder one additional time (normally it stops you at what is now shown as folder sdcard). There will be a folder named usbdrive (all one word, lower case). If you have connected a device to the USB port with a host dongle, it should show up there. There are some caveats; USB thumb drives all work for me. My (not smart) phone does not. I have not tried a camera.

tnewc

Feb 7, 2013
Well, that worked so that I can read the camera card if I take it out and put it in a card reader. That's a good workaround but I still wish I could copy right from my camera. The file manager still won't recognize my camera. Someone wrote about using a CTG USB cable. I have no idea what that is. I googled it but nothing except ads for plain USB cables. Thanks for your help. If you have any more help that you don't mind sharing, I'd appreciate it.

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
Well, that worked so that I can read the camera card if I take it out and put it in a card reader. That's a good workaround but I still wish I could copy right from my camera. The file manager still won't recognize my camera. Someone wrote about using a CTG USB cable. I have no idea what that is. I googled it but nothing except ads for plain USB cables. Thanks for your help. If you have any more help that you don't mind sharing, I'd appreciate it.

It's "OTG cable". I have this one: Amazon.com: Zuweiyu USB 2.0 A Female to Micro B Male Adapter Cable Micro USB Host Mode OTG Cable: Cell Phones & Accessories

tnewc

Feb 7, 2013
Oops! That made a difference! Now the tablet sees my camera but won't mount it. No longer mounts my SD card, either. I think that the new JB upgrade is causing problems. What do you think?

FloRider

Dec 2, 2012
Oops! That made a difference! Now the tablet sees my camera but won't mount it. No longer mounts my SD card, either. I think that the new JB upgrade is causing problems. What do you think?

Can you get a USB drive to work with that OTG cable?

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using Tapatalk HD