Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
1. open the app drawer
2. tap and hold on the app you want
3. wait for desktop to open
4. release

mechanics200

Mar 30, 2011
Thanks for the info. Any suggestion regarding removal of icons? I tried moving to the bottom of the screen but no trash can appeared.

Marty Devoid

Jan 19, 2011
Press and hold the icon, the icon will enlarge and possibly get a halo around it. When the icon is in that state, a trashcan should appear on the screen, drag the icon over to the trashcan without lifting your finger. When you are hovering over the trashcan, raise your finger to drop the icon. Done!

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Depending on your ROM or launcher the trash can might be on the side, and if you are a lefty like me, that is hidden by your hand....

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using the Android Tablet app!

mechanics200

Mar 30, 2011
Thanks for the info but I have already attempted that method. It only works for icons I have now added. When trying to remove any of the icons already there, no trash can appears. There are a few I don't need such as Music and would like to use the space for something else. The only modifications I performed is to root the tablet.

techyted

Apr 1, 2011
I'm having the same problem. Other Android devices I've used let you delete icons on the home screen. The CRAIG seems to have them locked down for some reason.