adhoc on 7022

evnp

Oct 20, 2011
Does anyone know of a wpa_supplicant file that will work on the 7022. I have found 1 file, but it does not seem to work on the coby. It is the necessary modified file that allows wifi tethering.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
What file did you try? You need a version for Gingerbread, the OS version that comes pre-installe don 7022.

evnp

Oct 20, 2011
The file that I had was part of the adhoctablets zip file which is floating around. It never specified which version it supported, I just know that it does not work on the 7022.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
You may wanna try the attached patch, it is known to work with 7024/8024/1024 with Gingerbread.
search_hotspot_patch - Minus.com

If it doesn't work then either 7022 uses another WiFi chipset or the binaries aren't compatible.

evnp

Oct 20, 2011
After putting the wpa file in the system/bin folder do I need to run the chmod and chown commands in adb shell or is placing the new file in the right spot enough?

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Fixing permissions won't do any bad I guess... If you know how to untar, you can do it in the root directory and it will replace the files with the correct permissions, that's how it's applied when installing the CFW.

evnp

Oct 20, 2011
Thanks for all the help. I found a supposed gingerbread wpa file on xda, and that did not work as well as your patch. Nothing seemed to work. I may just have to put a cwm on and see if that helps.

mariolo

Dec 7, 2011
Yes, You can!

I made a video on YouTube demonstrating it!

The video was a first version solution to resolve this issue.
But later i found another way to make it. (Very Easy)

I really do not speak English, but I will give a brief explanation:

First go to "Settings" -> WiFi -> Add new Network

Write the name of the Ad-Hoc Network, and leave the security "Open"

Now we need to go to Terminal Emulator and write the following:

sudo su (To get superadmin permissions)
iwconfig wlan0 mode ad-hoc essid NETWORK_NAME

(You can use SMWidgets + Script Manager to create a shortcut to a script to execute commands That)

I repeat:
rooted Tablet
Network with Open Security (no encryption)

Last edited by a moderator: