Adobe Digital Editions?

vickishops

Jul 27, 2011
I want to read books from my library and another bookstore, both of which say that I have to have Adobe Digital Editions. However, when I click the install button on Adobe site I get a message that says my tab (coby 7024) is not compatible. When I looked at the "help" on their site it appears that its written for a computer os not a tab os. So now I'm wondering if I'm supposed to download ADE to my computer then the books there and put them on SD card or if I'm supposed to be able to do it directly, or maybe there's a different app. I did look in the app store but didn't find one. Anybody know how to do this?

edca2001

Aug 3, 2011
Normally Adobe Digital Editions would be installed on a computer and then the downloaded books transferred from your computer to tablet. If your library uses the overdrive service, your book may be available in the overdrive media console from overdrive.com. It only supports epub ebooks though, not epdf. You will also need a compatible ebook reader app on the tablet. Do you have Aldikos or something installed?

From Aldiko support: (I'm sure many other file managers besides ASTRO will work too)

For importing library books into Aldiko app, please try to follow these steps:
(1) Go to your local public library’s website on your computer, select any eBook in Adobe ePub or Adobe PDF format, check out and then download the eBooks files. Normally, libraries will offer you an acsm file for each eBook, please make sure this.
(2) Put the acsm file in either the SD card or internal memory of your device, depending on the model of device you are using.
(3) Download and install a file manager app called "ASTRO" from the Android market. Use the file manager app to locate the acsm file.
(4) Tap on the acsm file in the file manager app. If you have verified your device with an Adobe ID already, the eBook will be automatically downloaded and imported into your bookshelf in Aldiko. If you haven’t verified your device with an Adobe ID before before, you should see a pop-up window which asks you to authorize your device with an Adobe ID. After authorization, the eBook will be automatically downloaded and imported into your bookshelf in Aldiko.
You don't need to use Adobe Digital Editions (ADE).

Last edited: