Adobe Flash on MID7024

dave52355

Dec 11, 2010
It seems Flash works, but after awhile of Flash visited sites, my browser slows down to a crawl. I see the same behavior with Dolphin and Opera Mini. A reboot clears up the issue until Flash sites are visited than the slowdown again. Clearing the browser's cache extends the usable time slightly. It is as if Flash holds on to allocated memory until there is not enough for the browser to load the page. I wonder if this is why Coby did not include Flash? Wonder if a memory management app would help?

Anyone else experience this?

PartsMan

Apr 11, 2011
Yes I have noticed the same problem. I have better luck setting dolphin to use plugins on demand.
That way I only use it when I need it.

ashick

May 2, 2011
I don't know about you guys but this is my first Android device and I know you can download Adobe Flash to this but I have no idea on how to do it. I have been fiddling around for the last couple of hours or so trying to figure out to no avail. Please help.

esampah

May 9, 2011
I tried this, and flash movies work... but not all of them :(

I went to animeseason/mysoju/viki for anime/asian dramas, but only some will play. Some others don't, and even crash the browser (?)

I also went to nickjr/playhouse disney etc for kids movies, and some plays without sound (or without background music/voice, ie. sound effects only).

Anybody has the same experience? Is this the expected problem? Or I just got a wrong version/wrong way of doing it?

Thanks.

anti_cag

Jul 15, 2011
Hi im thinking about goin to buy a coby kyros mid7024 and i wanna be able to stream from megavideo! is this possible after i install flash 10.1 or 10.2? please respond i have the money in hand to go buy it!

maneiro

Jun 26, 2011
Sim é possivel assistir on line atraves do megavideo com a instalação de adoble flash 10.2 eu tenho no meu Kiros e funciona perfeitamente.
Abraços

rickio

May 14, 2011
Coby simply does not have enough memory sometimes. So its good to get a memory booster app and try to not mutli task so much. Just do what you want but one at a time. I notice apps or browsing slowing down as well when I got multiple things going for extended time. You can get away with it for awhile but not for hours. Like music, browsing and chatting. You might actually crash I did a few times already. Freaked me out hehehe

I can see movies no problem for a couple hours at a time but obviously not multi tasking....

z4root may not do a full root but it does enable you to install market and netflix so its still worth doing.

Ray50

Apr 24, 2011
I have a 8024 and use Adobe Flash Player 10.3.185.25. I have not had any problems using it with the Dolphin HD browser. I have Dolphin set to not display Flash so I get a box with an arrow on it on pages that have flash. If I tap the arrow, Flash will start and display what ever was in the box. So far it has worked every time I tried it. I think you can still get it here: www (dot) freewarelovers (dot) com/android/app/adobe-flash-player

rickio

May 14, 2011
I rooted coby 7024 with z4root,installed market, then installed or actually upgraded adobe flash. Works perfectly. Some say it does not root completel but it is enough to enable market an other apps like netflix.

Sent from my MID7024 using Android Tablet Forum

theonlygina

Jul 30, 2011
Thanks for the help getting flash installed! Can someone now tell me how to install Market and Netflix, please...oh pretty please....?