Adobe Flash Player 10.3.185.21 and Droid OS 2.2 Froyo

Branch

Dec 19, 2011
It still doesn't work yet. Must be something in my settings. The 10.3.185.21 flash said it downloaded and installed but...my tablet came with a YouTube shortcut (app) installed that works, so I thought "problem solved". Still can't go to Facebook, hit someone's YouTube link, and watch. Keep getting error message taking me to flash player 11 which my little tablet can't handle. My apologies for the misdirection. Still learning.

Branch

Last edited:

Branch

Dec 19, 2011
What worked for a direct link to YouTube, didn't work for posts on Facebook that had YouTube links. Got the "Update Adobe" message when on Facebook. Browsed and played YouTube directly no problem. Go figure?

Branch

Dec 19, 2011
For multiple android versions of old adobe flash players, you can go to adobe's site, use their search for archived flash players...see following post.

Last edited:

Branch

Dec 19, 2011
You can go to the Adobe site, search "archived flash player versions" and scroll way down until you see "for Android". 10.3.186.7 is OK for OS 2.2 Froyo, but doesn't get me into youtube on facebook posts either. The app that came with my generic tablet that works is... Youtube version 1.0.... but I didn't see that one in AppBrain or the android market. I suggest you try one of the other YouTube direct apps that are available. Can't use mine on FB, but I can use it by itself!!! Audio, video, buffering all work.

Branch

Dec 19, 2011
So close now, I downloaded adobe flash player 10.3.186.7 to the micro sd (using the SD adapter and my regular computer). But, the tablet still stops me from installing the program even from the micro sd card. Unknown sources marked allowed. Searching now for a better APK tool and a way to override my tablet's security setting stopping me from installing. Noticed Certificate Installer was a running application, but the certificate cache appears empty, and the install certificate(s) is grayed out. Also, can't move the Certificate Installer to the main screen to "menu" it's settings. Trying someone else's solution next.