Adobe Flash Player

johngod

Aug 31, 2013
Hello,
I have a Goggle Nexus 7 2013 which I just got.
Was a 4.1 and up graded to 4.3 or 4.4.
I been trying to play this game Criminal Minds on it, but it says I need Adobe Flash Player.
I've been trying to install it but it will not install.
It says Adobe doesn't work on tablets anymore.
Is there any thing I can do?
Thank-You,
Johngod

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
Is Criminal Minds an app, or is it a game played through the browser?

Regardless, if your copy of Flash won't install on your device, you need a modified version, which you can download here. Install it and then see if your game will work.

johngod

Aug 31, 2013
Criminal case is a game played thru facebook.
How would I install it .
To my computer than the tablet or directly to the tablet?

johngod

Aug 31, 2013
I think so but I heard chrome wasn't compatible with that flash and android.
Something like that, anyway I needed to download firefox or dolphin. Which I did ,Both of them.
Should I copy this link into my tablet to download there?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
You shouldn't need to download flash, the Dolphin browser has flash support built in. (Maybe you need to enable it in the settings for Dolphin?)

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Chrome on Android has never supported Flash Player. Just an fyi. One installed using Dolphin it will also work with several other browsers.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
You shouldn't need to download flash, the Dolphin browser has flash support built in. (Maybe you need to enable it in the settings for Dolphin?)
Dolphin supports Flash, but the Flash apk is still required for Flash items to display in Dolphin's window. In Dolphin's settings, make sure Flash is set to "Always On". Firefox also supports Flash, but like Dolphin, also needs the Flash apk installed and needs to have Flash set to "Always On" in its settings. Puffin is the only browser I know that doesn't require the Flash app to display Flash items.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I only installed the Flash Dolphin required but it also worked with Firefox. All I'm saying is that it didn't require a separate download of an APK other than for Dolphin

johngod

Aug 31, 2013
Thank-You
I installed flash 11.1 from the Adobe website,
than I installed Dolphin and Firefox, wasn't sure which one I needed.
Works

TinderboxUK

May 28, 2012
flash player was a nightmare constant crashes and update, glad it`s receding into the past, html5 is the way to go, until the other shoe drops.

John.