Adobe Flash will not work on Acer Iconia A500 Tablet..Help please.

WelshLady

Jan 1, 2012
Hello from sunny Florida. My username is WelshLady and I have an Acer Iconia A500 tablet, an iMac, an iPad, a Gateway PC and a Gateway Netbook. (We do love our toys!) My question today is concerning the Acer Iconia Tablet. From all information I have read, and was told, I would be able to install Adobe Flash to this tablet (which by the way is reason I bought it). I installed Adobe Flash 11.1 from the market and attempted to use it on a game I like. A portion of the game came up but the side where you actually play states that I need Adobe Flash at least 10.3 and did not recognize that I had already installed. Tried several times to uninstall and reinstall always with the same results. Took back to Office Depot techie and he was unable to help. I contacted Acer techie thru their chat and he also was no help. Said it should work. Well it doesn't. Does anyone have any idea why Flash is not recognized? I sure would appreciate some help. Thanks.:confused:

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
It all depends on the site of the flash you are trying to use.

The version of flash from the market is still not the full version of flash. Try going to Hulu and playing a video, it will tell you your platform is not supported. There is still a file in the flash that tells the sites you are using a mobile device to block some of the content. Not an issue for most items.

One fix which may or may not work in this case (it works for Hulu) is the app "Flash Video Browser" from the market. It costs $0.99 USD and some how gets Hulu to work.

Give this a try and see if it allows you to play the game you are trying to play.

Edit - Also forgot to say Welcome to the forum!

WelshLady

Jan 1, 2012
Thank you so much Frederuco both for the welcome and the advice. Unfortunately, installing the Flash Video Browser did not work on Hulu nor my game, Garden of Time. Go figure. Seems like I am destined only to be able to play on the iMac. I await further advice from anyone. Thanks in advance.:confused:

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I just tried playing it to see if it would work on my ASUS Transformer (virtually same hardware as the the A500) using Dolphin Browser HD set to Desktop User Agent.

Here are the results:

BU7qD.jpg

It should be possible, perhaps you should try Dolphin or Opera Mobile. Be sure to go into the settings and change them to "Desktop" for the User Agent String the internet think you are using a proper desktop browser and not a mobile browser.

WelshLady

Jan 1, 2012
Hi Frederuco: Thank you again for your suggestions. I downloaded (tried, then uninstalled) Dolphin HD, Dolphin Mini and Opera Mobile. Each one attempted to open and did partially but never got to the point where I could play the game.

I do not understand how they can advertise that Adobe Flash can be used with the Acer but then not work. Per Acer: Does my Iconia Tab A500 include Adobe Flash Player?

Adobe Flash Player is not currently included with the Iconia Tab A500 to help ensure that you receive the most up to date and secure version for your device. The latest version of Adobe Flash...
Date Updated: 09/06/2011

WelshLady

Jan 1, 2012
One last note. I finally got thru to Acer , in India of course, and they tell me that the Acer A500 in only compatible with Flash Ver 7. Can you believe it? So I returned it to the store tonight and bought a laptop. Never again will an Acer cross my doorstep. Frederuco I thank you so very much for replying and attempting to help. Chivalry is not dead.

LeslieC

Mar 16, 2012
One last note. I finally got thru to Acer , in India of course, and they tell me that the Acer A500 in only compatible with Flash Ver 7. Can you believe it? So I returned it to the store tonight and bought a laptop. Never again will an Acer cross my doorstep. Frederuco I thank you so very much for replying and attempting to help. Chivalry is not dead.

Has anyone been able to get adobe flash to work on the acer tablet? one of the sites i use (has a chat room and a video streaming) requires flash. i've updated adobe 11 via the "market" but when i load something in the browser it says it needs a 10.1+. Hulu works, sorta, using the video flash browser but won't let me log into hulu plus.

I've rebooted, uninstalled and reinstalled adobe 11, reset defaults, factory reset, tried several different browsers, cleared cache etc. I'm about ready to run this tablet over with my car. (and I was so excited about it after reading the reviews).

aegdawson

Jun 6, 2012
Has anyone been able to get adobe flash to work on the acer tablet? one of the sites i use (has a chat room and a video streaming) requires flash. i've updated adobe 11 via the "market" but when i load something in the browser it says it needs a 10.1+. Hulu works, sorta, using the video flash browser but won't let me log into hulu plus.

I've rebooted, uninstalled and reinstalled adobe 11, reset defaults, factory reset, tried several different browsers, cleared cache etc. I'm about ready to run this tablet over with my car. (and I was so excited about it after reading the reviews).

flash use to work faultlesly before the latest firmware upgrade. basicaly asus have broken something

toto22

Jul 18, 2012
i have same problem before i fixed it easly but after formating i could not open some websides whith need and requste adobe flash . it instelled then what???!!!!
soory if i have mistakes in spelling
pls. give me a slution