Advent Vega Tablet and Marketplace help please.

macc2010

Oct 23, 2010
I have just bought this Tablet and can not find Market place.

Is it on there?

if someone can help please.

I am in the UK.

Many thanks.

jabss

Dec 25, 2010
Hi,

I'm also in the same situation. In a trip to Madrid, bought a vega and I'm trying to start with it.
Anybody?

Thanks,
Jabss

macc2010

Oct 23, 2010
Hi,

I'm also in the same situation. In a trip to Madrid, bought a vega and I'm trying to start with it.
Anybody?

Thanks,
Jabss

I have just called where i got it from and was told that it has not been updated for it yet but is due in the next couple of months which have to say is it a bit silly coming out with a tablet with no market place.

jabss

Dec 25, 2010
Hello again,

As first activity, I installled a new ROM that enables flash 10. If you also want, you can find it in Advent | Vega Internet tablet . The procedure is clear and ran smoothly. Now, because went fine, I'm tempted to try a modified rom, mentioned in a post from this forum http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-wsl-xvision-modaco-r8-rom-modded-beegee.html

This rom hopefully includes android market and many other fancy options.

If you don't want to be so radical, maybe you could just install the appbrain application. I guess it's a kind of "unofficial" market. How to install it without the market itself? Easy: search for the application in the web "appbrain.apk", download it and copy it to the sd card. Then, using the ifile manager, search it and run it. (I haven't tried this in my vega yet, but it should run fine. Post a reply here if you have any problems).

Tell us how it goes,

Cheers,
jabss

jabss

Dec 25, 2010
Hi again,

Just to let you know that I've tried the ROM from the previous post and my advent vega is working like a charm.

I have access to many apps and also to the market.

Cheers,
Jabss

macc2010

Oct 23, 2010
Hello again,

As first activity, I installled a new ROM that enables flash 10. If you also want, you can find it in Advent | Vega Internet tablet . The procedure is clear and ran smoothly. Now, because went fine, I'm tempted to try a modified rom, mentioned in a post from this forum http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-wsl-xvision-modaco-r8-rom-modded-beegee.html

This rom hopefully includes android market and many other fancy options.

If you don't want to be so radical, maybe you could just install the appbrain application. I guess it's a kind of "unofficial" market. How to install it without the market itself? Easy: search for the application in the web "appbrain.apk", download it and copy it to the sd card. Then, using the ifile manager, search it and run it. (I haven't tried this in my vega yet, but it should run fine. Post a reply here if you have any problems).

Tell us how it goes,

Cheers,
jabss

Hi Have you download Marketplace then?

I have looked and the link you gave and i dont get how to do it so can you lave a link for the appbrain one please?

if i do that will i be able to download apps?

Ive tried the appbrain apk download and i click on install and it then does nothing expect where is clicked install it now says cancel install.

what am i doing wrong?

i just want marketplace on my tablet.

Last edited:

jabss

Dec 25, 2010
Have you tried to choose the option "allow unknow sources" from the general android settings?
Thats the only way to install .apk`s out of the market

macc2010

Oct 23, 2010
Have you tried to choose the option "allow unknow sources" from the general android settings?
Thats the only way to install .apk`s out of the market

Yes had the allow unknow sources ticked.

I am taking it to a pc shop later today and they will put market on for me.

I know i will have to pay for them to do it but at least i wont cock up my tablet trying for myself as dont have any idea on what im doing.

macc2010

Oct 23, 2010
Well just picked my Vega from the pc shop where i took it this morning and now i have Market place on there and also a nice small taskbar at the top.

So very happy now.

beegee_tokyo

Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Well just picked my Vega from the pc shop where i took it this morning and now i have Market place on there and also a nice small taskbar at the top.

So very happy now.

That sounds as if they have installed a MoDaCo custom ROM on it. When you go to Menu->Settings->About Phone, what does it say about Kernel, Model, ...

macc2010

Oct 23, 2010
That sounds as if they have installed a MoDaCo custom ROM on it. When you go to Menu->Settings->About Phone, what does it say about Kernel, Model, ...

Kernel 2.6.32.9_p10_v1.09_20110211_DIX

Model Vega

EC Version 1.9.0

is that what i should have on there?

beegee_tokyo

Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Kernel 2.6.32.9_p10_v1.09_20110211_DIX

Model Vega

EC Version 1.9.0

is that what i should have on there?

Sounds like stock ROM. I was just wondering about the small notification bar, as this is usually only in the custom ROMs.

As you said you don't want to mess around with your tablet. But I would be interested to get my hands on this ROM. Any chance you can install clockworkmod recovery and make a nandroid backup?

supersteve1

Mar 9, 2011
Hi there, thinking of buying an advent, can anyone tell me how good they are, and if they have fast speeds, i know they wont be as fast as some tablets on the market, I would like to know if it is worth getting, or am i just better off buying a more powerful tablet. If so which one would be worth buying.
Many thanks.