Advice Needed

dpakrr

Feb 8, 2011
hi

i just bought an 8" imx515 tablet from aliexpress. its a little smaller than i expected. its actually 6" and the whole thing including the border is 8". the resistive screen is also a bit annoying and the battery life is abysmal. the whole thing cost me $175 including shipping to new zealand.

i recently came across another imx515 tablet. this ones a 9.7" capacitive multi touch screen. battery life might still be pretty bad. its called the herotab m10 at merimobiles and gpad gforce at pandawill. its around the $350 mark including shipping. do you think i should go for it or do you have any other suggestions/are there any other better ones coming up that you would advice me to wait for?

cheers for any help/advice. :)

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
I have not heard good things about the 9.7" either... Not sure what is in your area.

There's a problem with the touchscreen universally on these 8" devices. Resistive touchscreens are usually quite accurate.

dpakrr

Feb 8, 2011
cheers for your reply mate. should i just go for a branded tablet then? i saw someone here looking for people to buy $300 samsung galaxy tabs off him and ive also been seeing the nook color for $250.

i will be doing browsing, emails and i know that the 7" screen is more than enough. but i will also be doing creating/editing documents every now and then for my university courses and thats why i preferred a bigger screen. do you think the 7" is sufficient?

dpakrr

Feb 8, 2011
what the buzz.

anyways back to the topic (to xauieous):
cheers for your reply mate. should i just go for a branded tablet then? i saw someone here looking for people to buy $300 samsung galaxy tabs off him and ive also been seeing the nook color for $250.

i will be doing browsing, emails and i know that the 7" screen is more than enough. but i will also be doing creating/editing documents every now and then for my university courses and thats why i preferred a bigger screen. do you think the 7" is sufficient?