Advice on charging the battery

LoveApps

Jan 19, 2013
The manual only tells you about charging the battery for the first time.

Should I top up the battery when I have access to a power supply or should I let the battery go flat before recharging it?

Can I use the tablet on the power supply so that less use is made of the battery when I have access to a power supply or will it be harmful to keep the tablet connected to a power supply when the battery is fully charged?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
There have been lots of studies on this subject but nobody with a firm answer. Most of the batteries do have a limit on the number of charge cycles and thought that number may never be exceeded by the average user, a good rule of thumb would be to allow your tablet to get to 20%-30% then do a full charge but do not leave it on the charger full time. This doesn't hold for every battery types or tablet but should work just fine.

Last edited:

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Battery lifespan is long enough that I now simply charge it when it is convenient and not really worrying about how my charging habits could negatively (or positively for that matter) effect battery life. I find my tablet has become far more useful to me since I quit letting it concern me.
I did read one study that suggested constantly topping off the charge could shorten battery life significantly. In the same study it was noted that fully discharging the battery on a regular basis also can shorten the life. My own study showed that worrying obsessively about batteries made me boring at parties.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1