ADWLauncher w/Widgets & Corrected Notification Bar

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
I see that image on the first post
i removed the Luncher.* files
even after a reboot the default notification/task bar returns
what is wrong?
do you mean make the notification bar look like the bar on normal builds? like say. cyanogenmod?
it doesn't replace it with the one's you would normally see on a regular android build, it only corrects the bar so it doesn't have the back button and a blue overlay, making it clear.

the notification bar we have is based on our Android Build which is the EmotionUI, so the frameworks are different from a normal android build.

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
@ goodoane- then I did the same except used exit as a command line. finished the command lines with adb push /sdcard/AppWidgetPicker.apk /system/app - got "permission denied". ;(

So I followed all lines as command lines and still no go. Can anyone see what I am doing wrong?

I'm doing this on my PC. Does this need to be done on the tablet thru terminal? I'm missing something!
"make sure it has the same file permissions as the other files in that directory"- How do you do this?

make sure when you go into the command window before you try pushing things you do
adb remount
what this does is remount your system as R/W instead of read only. but if you close your window, you have to do an adb remount again because it doesn't save the settings. hope it helps! if not i'll check back here and try again!

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
thanks! (button missing :( )

su>command line to- mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system
I exit the box- restart box, enter adb remount and get the following: remount failed. Operation not permitted.

Last edited:

rictec

Jan 30, 2011
ok i was looking for something else
my notification bar did not change change after removing Lunch.apk maybe is cos i removed the com.android.luncher?

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
I have tried droid explorer, terminal emulator and adb. I have gotten remount failed, adb not found, permission denied. I have tried the es file explorer to copy and paste into the system/app. It couldn't copy- same with blackmoon file browser. Tried to install with droid explorer- it starts loading and disappears. Tried 3 separate sets of instructions from 3 sources. I have failed miserably....:(

So to those of you who say it's easy, razzberry........Tomorrow's another day!:eek:

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
It might be good to re-root your phone. Use z4root. Also install the latest Busybox software and see how you go then. It sure sounds like you are not getting root.

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
Thanks. I'll do that. However, I did a whole bunch of changes yesterday that required root and they worked. ??? Tried busybox from market and it couldn't install.

Last edited:

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
There is an option within Titanium Backup to install the latest BusyBox. Try that option.

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
I think you can try the easy way.
Install root explorer and copy your apk file on /system / app and then change permission.
If you don't find a copy of root explorer tell me.

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
I can't find a copy. So far I have re-rooted with z4root. unrooted and removed and reinstalled z4root. rooted again, titanium backup says rooted with busybox 1.17.2 which I think is the latest. I still get remount not found. adb not found. Permission denied. All at various parts. I've cut and pasted and typed. So I will cont. to look for root explorer. Maybe it will work that way. Any other file program won't let me copy the file. I've also tried droid explorer and same problems. Thanks for your suggestions! Goodoane, it sounded so simple- and easy. I just can't make it work.:( I'm probably doing something really simple the wrong way. Oh well... I did get link2sd working. That was my main headache. This is just an annoyance. ;)

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
I think you can try the easy way.
Install root explorer and copy your apk file on /system / app and then change permission.
If you don't find a copy of root explorer tell me.

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk

goodoane is right. This is the easy way!
I don't know why everyone is pushing and mounting etc.
Boot, root, rename, copy, paste, set permissions.

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
goodoane is right. This is the easy way!
I don't know why everyone is pushing and mounting etc.
Boot, root, rename, copy, paste, set permissions.

haha personally, it basically keeps my adb knowledge fresh... and a little more fun this way.

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
@joenilan - You're right about that. I've learned a ton of stuff just thru trial and error the past 2 days! Just can't figure this one out.

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
+1 on the root explorer. It is only a couple dollars and worth every penny if you are looking at doing mods. Maybe if is because I have always been a windows person and I like to be able to move it from one folder to another.

Root Explorer is the way I went, moved it to the System/apps folder and changed the permissions and a quick reboot and I was good to go.