ADWLauncher w/Widgets & Corrected Notification Bar

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
You continue to rock goodoane! Thank you!<3

Sent from my S7
Update: Took me 1 minute after installing root explorer! But I would not have known what to do with this program if I hadn't gone thru the process yesterday of learning alternative ways of doing things when the 1st, or 2nd, or 3rd, or 5!! ways don't work. Thank you again Goodoane for all your help and suggestions. After the post on your upcoming deodex file, and having no clue on what this is, I googled and learned a little bit more. From what I read this is a big step towards a custom rom. Congratulations and good work!

Last edited:

OttoDeFe

Feb 3, 2011
Placed the AppWidgetPicker into System/App and set the permissions - powered off and on... I click the add widget and it drops to the desktop again. I'm running the stock Best Buy ROM. It that the source of it not actually launching? ADW seems to work great.

°°edit°°

Tried both ADW and LauncherPro.

**edit**

Flashed to Singapore ROM, redownloaded/renamed/replaced into System/App and set permissions to match the rest. Same result under LauncherPro.

Last edited:

joenilan

Feb 4, 2011
Placed the AppWidgetPicker into System/App and set the permissions - powered off and on... I click the add widget and it drops to the desktop again. I'm running the stock Best Buy ROM. It that the source of it not actually launching? ADW seems to work great.

°°edit°°

Tried both ADW and LauncherPro.

**edit**

Flashed to Singapore ROM, redownloaded/renamed/replaced into System/App and set permissions to match the rest. Same result under LauncherPro.

i had a problem like this also, u have to use something like root explorer and go to /system/app and click on AppWidgetPicker.apk and install it

OttoDeFe

Feb 3, 2011
I keep getting a parse error trying that - even after re downloading,etc. Not sure what I'm doing wrong...

**edit**

Working now - I deleted, re downloaded, renamed by deleting from the end instead of editing in the middle, moved, set permissions and it works like a champ! Just goes to show I guess... try, try again. Thanx to all who helped!

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
Glad you got it working...... You don't need to INSTALL the apk as that is not part of the install process per the original post here and on xdev site

jhsband84

Dec 14, 2010
Noob question alert: adb/terminal? Droid Explorer? or something else?

Update: I had gotten some of the same errors buzzman got. Today, I rerooted, then opened Droid Explorer, console. (I'm learning as I go, so apologies up front) I couldn't get the push command to work, but busybox cp to copy the files did. Widgets are now working nicely on Go Launcher Ex :D

New Question: in resizing widgets, it looks like there is a large buffer space around the widget. Is there a way to resize the widgets a little more efficiently?

Last edited:

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I just installed adwLauncher and wanted to use widgets (obviously) so I tried to use Root Explorer to copy AppWidgetPicker.apk to the /system/app/ directory, mounted as rw, and it wouldn't do it. Who knows why? So I just installed it, adjusted the permissions, and in terminal typed: Busybox mv /data/app/AppWidgetPicker.apk /system/app/ and without even the need for a reboot it works great. The simplest way seems to work for me.

Tom

Last edited: