After 4.0.3 Update, Video Pauses on A500

Shadefly

Jan 3, 2013
Just after Christmas, my A500 updated to Ice Cream Sandwich (?) 4.0.3, kernal version 2.6.39.4+. i was happy it was faster but now when i play an MP3 it runs for about 3 minutes, then starts pausing. Also, about 20 apps suddenly start on their own. I know its not supposed to matter but i use advanced task killer to clear the memory of apps that loaded themselves and the video gets a little better but only for a short time.

I used 2 different viewers to run the video, Acer media, and the gallery app. I tried to unload apps but now all i can do i disable the ones i dont use. even then, they still load.
So i have several issues:

Apps load randomly and mysteriously (Google+, Google Maps, Socail Jogger, Play store, you tube, Maxthon browser (loaded to see if that is aproblem) Aepio,, etc.)

Video (MP3) runs slow after about 3 minutes, pausing for 1 second every 3 or 4 seconds.

No way to remove apps. even downloaded ones i cannot remove with the play store.

If i need to use a different veiwer how do i set that one as the default?

Any suggestions are welcome. thanks

Shadefly

Jan 3, 2013
might have found the problem. the videos are MP4 not MP3. I will try to convert them to AVI or another format. ICS may not like MP4?

Greg_E

Nov 15, 2011
It depends what flavor of mp4, if built with h.264 video codec and AAC audio codec, and a bit rate that is reasonable it will play them just fine.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
might have found the problem. the videos are MP4 not MP3. I will try to convert them to AVI or another format. ICS may not like MP4?
As long as it is the screen format available. like h264.