After the Update - Any improvements?

robdroid

May 4, 2011
My compass is still off by approx -90 deg
GPS seems to get fix faster
Wifi seems unchanged

Geckos

May 7, 2011
Had my upgrade, fixed the random waking up from sleep mode, but still no Flash player. Market seems only to have v10.3 that kindly suggests I need to upgrade to Android 3.1 first! Where do I get Flash 10.2?

pwalt

Dec 1, 2010
My device is not showing any updates (even after pressing the "check update box"). I bought it last week Friday, could it have shipped with the update?

I've never had issues with WiFi (even in hockey rinks), battery life has been 'meh', but it's been getting a LOT of use this past week since it's the new toy in the house.

I've not rooted the device (I'm not that much of a tinkerer, and I think it's awesome straight out of the box).

odror

May 28, 2011
I am sorry to be slightly off topic, where did you find that update. When I update I get a note tat my system is up to date. version Acer_A500_1.104.02_COM_GEN1 Thanks (is this the new version)

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I am sorry to be slightly off topic, where did you find that update. When I update I get a note tat my system is up to date. version Acer_A500_1.104.02_COM_GEN1 Thanks (is this the new version)

It will come when it comes. Just check daily for the updates. They are pushing out to All tablets.
The pushed version is Acer_A500_1.141.07_COM_GEN1 as has been posted on numerous threads.
It is NOT Android 3.1, just a bug fix to 3.0.1.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I'm sure someone has posted it somewhere. Google is your friend. Try a search.
Its not really worth chasing after and putting your tablet at risk from sketchy web sites, because it adds no new functionality and fixes no
major bugs.

KevMull

May 25, 2011
Has the poor image rendering in Gallery (and other image apps) been fixed? Or is that a Android os issue?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I would say the colors are still muted (de-saturated) a bit on the tablet, as compare to the same picture on a desktop computer, from the same exact photo. A bit too much blue.
Sharpness is not an issue.

The Acer is not the only tablet showing these results.

Update:

If you install https://market.android.com/details?id=com.alensw.PicFolder&feature=search_result ( Quickpic ) from th market, and then open the same gallery picture with the Gallery viewer and Quickpic, you can switch back and forth between the two apps via the android menu. In my tests, quickpic shows about the same color, but it shows much sharper images.

Last edited: