Ahmmm screwed switch

Kiserian

Aug 28, 2011
Ok mates, now i really got it wrong. You'll see the turning on switch is Dying. I was able to turn on the tab with a pin after opening it, but as you'll surely guess the last pieces of my dying switch wont hold much longer. and i trully do not want to open it everytime i turn it on, or everytime bat dies. Of course, i dont want to keep the tablet to much time on, cuz it can damage the bat, the processor or something. so my two questions

Is it possible to change the keymapping drivers to set another button for turning on? i dont care about wich. Or of course how can i change the turn-on switch? if you can provide me instructions i can make a tutorial for people who has tha same issue than me.

Thnx!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I'm afraid you can't simply remap the power on key. I suggest that you take it to a repair shop. If it can't be replaced, add an external one (solder the wire internally and keep the switch externally).

Last edited:

Kiserian

Aug 28, 2011
ahhh that's bad news. i was thinking on it, but here its very difficult to find someone to do that job. i can try it to do it myself, but i don know how to do it. I will search a bit and will update :D

EDIT: OK, i, currently working on the power button, only thing that found was about that there's no helping it. im stuck now with an adhesive, wil update son xD

Last edited:

Kiserian

Aug 28, 2011
I'm afraid you can't simply remap the power on key. I suggest that you take it to a repair shop. If it can't be replaced, add an external on (solder the wire internally and keep the switch externally).

Ok dude. I'd opened the tab and what i found was devastation, button is really destroid. at least i was able to boot tha tablet using the motherboard's contacts so the only thing i dont want to happen is tha tablet shutting off. Gonna investigate if there someone capable to repair it. If i find it i will update :D