Ainol Novo 7 Advanced II or Novo 7 Mars? Please help me choose

Redwolf71

Aug 3, 2012
Hi all. I would appreciate any feedback here as this will be my first tablet. Both are the same price and in my budget (Canadian distributor).
Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be a clear cut winner between the two: 1 has a better cpu & longer battery life (Advanced 2), the other has a higher resolution screen and more ram (Mars). I can't figure out which would be best for me. Here is what I mainly want out of the tablet:

#1 - internet surfacing (wifi connect)
#2 - some apps & lite gaming
...then maybe the odd video. I don't need it for books as I use my sony e-reader.

Based upon my needs, which one is better? ...also does a 1024x600 screen make that much of a radical difference over 800x460 (enough to downscale the cpu?)?

Thanks for help with this as I just can't figure out which would be best for me. :confused:

P.S. Wifi connectivity is pretty important too - if one has significantly worse connectivity, I would rule it out.

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hi all. I would appreciate any feedback here as this will be my first tablet. Both are the same price and in my budget (Canadian distributor).
Unfortunately, there doesn't appear to be a clear cut winner between the two: 1 has a better cpu & longer battery life (Advanced 2), the other has a higher resolution screen and more ram (Mars). I can't figure out which would be best for me. Here is what I mainly want out of the tablet:

...then maybe the odd video. I don't need it for books as I use my sony e-reader.

Based upon my needs, which one is better? ...also does a 1024x600 screen make that much of a radical difference over 800x460 (enough to downscale the cpu?)?

Thanks for help with this as I just can't figure out which would be best for me. :confused:

P.S. Wifi connectivity is pretty important too - if one has significantly worse connectivity, I would rule it out.
Hi Redwolf, welcome to the forum!
why not to spend a little more and get the Ainol Novo 7 Aurora with IPS screen? it's for only $138.99 shipped in our site. :)

Redwolf71

Aug 3, 2012
why not to spend a little more and get the Ainol Novo 7 Aurora with IPS screen? it's for only $138.99 shipped in our site. :)

Yes, you are right...the Aurora is a clear slam dump winner over the two tablets I mentioned. It just so happened that I discovered an Ainol Novo 7 Aurora 7" LG IPS Screen Android 4.03 Tablet - 16GB on sale elsewhere for the same price as I was going to pay for the Mars or Advanced II...so you can guess what I ordered...;)

Thanks for the reply, though.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011

i agree with spemall, you will find you want your tab to do more as you get into using it more often. dual- core may not be essential but it does improve speed & capability of your device. i can't say whether it improves wi-fi stability but most new tabs are pretty good compared to slighlty older less powerful models.
here's a link to a supporting vendor i trust with all my stuff as i have found them very reliable in the past with competitive prices & no copy tablets so you get exactly what you order & not some oem poor quality copy of it. well worth a look at least.

Ainol Novo 7 Aurora