Ainol Novo 7 Elf 2 BLACK SCREEN BUT TOUCH WORKING

farhan.m

Mar 18, 2013
Hi everyone!
Hope you're doing good.
I bought Ainol Novo 7 Elf 2 about a year ago from official distributor. Few days ago screen start showing white lines which increase when I press the tablet from back. Those white lines disappear only when i hold tablet like a steering wheel (Hope you understand what i wana say) If i pick tablet in palm those white lines appear, and start increasing (unless i remove my hand and hold it like holding steering wheel) and after few seconds whole screen becomes white with no dots or black lines or anything else, just the bright white screen, when I remove my hand it's again back to normal, touch response works as normal even when screen is full bright white.

My friend suggested me there is moisture entered in screen so i should put it under sunlight. I did the same, put tablet (screen facing down) in sunlight for 15-20 minutes and those lines decrease about 50%, i was quite encouraging.
Next day i left my tablet under sun for about 2 hours, and when i turned it ON, screen was black, like it is still off, no color no light, although I can hear sound and vibrations of OS booting up, also I can hear the lock unlock sound, charging start stop sounds but screen shows no light or color.

So my questions is, which part is damaged (as touch is working perfect) and how? Does the problem was really moisture? can it happen? Which parts I should get checked or replaced. Any chance the screen is not damaged and just connection of screen is loose? After all it's a cheep Chinese tablet.

I can get rid of it and buy a new one, but just wana try once if i can get it fixed.
And i cannot claim any warrenty as company offers 6 months warranty only!

Waiting for expert opinions...

farhan.m

Mar 18, 2013
Anyone?? :( I gave all the details, am I missing something? Anyone with the same problem?? Please tell me at least something.

farhan.m

Mar 18, 2013
I got it fixed, it was actually the problem with the strip of wires connecting screen to the CPU. The wire strip was broken, i got it repaired from a shop.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP AND SUGGESTIONS! AND GOOD LUCK ANDROID, YOUR USERS KNOW NOTHING...