Ainol Novo 7 Tornados Firmware Update Step by Step Tutorial.

Androidinabox

Mar 15, 2012
1. Ainol Novo 7 Tornados official firmware download link: novo7_tornados_0518.rar

Changes:
1)Correct remaining battery percentage accuracy.
2)Power and battery performance optimized, longer battery life.
3)Touch function accuracy optimized, especially keyboard input.
4)Improve game & app compatibility.

Update Steps:
1) Back up your important files before upgrading.
2) Download novo7_tornados_0518.rar and decompress it to TF card root directory. The decompressed files should under TF card root directory and the TF card must be fat32 format.
3) Insert the TF card into the device and keep the tablet off with more than 30% battery. Charging is not recommended during updating.
4) Hold-Press the -Volume and power button for four seconds at the same time. Release the buttons when upper left screen corner shows green instruction.
5) Updating process is automatically and the tablet will be off or restart itself if the updating is success.
6) It takes a little long to start the tablet for the first time. Don't stop process or restart the tablet immediately, it is better to restart 5-10 minutes later.
7) The firmware has been rooted. DON'T use third party apps to root the tablet or replace busybox.
8) Anti-virus, optimization or safe apps are not necessory for the tablet.

2. Ainol Novo 7 Tornados feiyu_mod 05/26 Edition, good feedback from users installed this edition, compatible with facebook, youtube etc : http://115.com/file/dpkeaibe
1). Download the above Feiyu mod 0526 version.
2). extract the files.
3). Put uImage_recovery file in the root of your external memory card.
4). and put tornados_feiyu_mod_(0526) in the same root with uImage_recovery file.
5). now place memory card in tablet.
6). press and hold -Vol and power button together for 4 seconds. update process will continue. if any error occurs. Then you select 2nd option from it i forgot that name it is kind of select recovery file from memory card. then give path to that tornados_feiyu_mod(0526).rar and press home button to select it. in this way installation will continue.

3. Buy Ainol Novo 7 Tornados on androidinabox.com: http://www.androidinabox.com/ainol-novo-7-tornado-android-tablets-pcs.html

Last edited:

zulmohd

May 21, 2012
Hi, i'm just bought ainol tornados and i have problem with this tablet..when i charging the touch screen is not function properly and the battery just raise from 20 to 23% for half hour charging..will this update fix the problems?please response..tq.

Androidinabox

Mar 15, 2012
Hi, i'm just bought ainol tornados and i have problem with this tablet..when i charging the touch screen is not function properly and the battery just raise from 20 to 23% for half hour charging..will this update fix the problems?please response..tq.

Hi zulmohd, you'd better not using the tablet when charging and the firmware solves battery percentage showing error :)

zulmohd

May 21, 2012
I download the update file from ainol official facebook, already update and the percentage work now, but sometime after 10 minutes to 15 minutes use tablet, the screen goes dark..but i can still see backlight..need to reboot everytime it happen..where i can get playstore apk since this update does not have one pre-install.

Androidinabox

Mar 15, 2012
I download the update file from ainol official facebook, already update and the percentage work now, but sometime after 10 minutes to 15 minutes use tablet, the screen goes dark..but i can still see backlight..need to reboot everytime it happen..where i can get playstore apk since this update does not have one pre-install.

Check Settings--Display--Sleep or try to upgrade the firmware again.

zulmohd

May 21, 2012
Check Settings--Display--Sleep or try to upgrade the firmware again.
I already reupdate many times but still same problems, It is totally the update problem since I don't have the problems before update, I hope I can revert back to the previous update but I don't know how to find the files. The touchscreen also frequently not work properly even when I'm not charging.

Androidinabox

Mar 15, 2012
I already reupdate many times but still same problems, It is totally the update problem since I don't have the problems before update, I hope I can revert back to the previous update but I don't know how to find the files. The touchscreen also frequently not work properly even when I'm not charging.

Hi Zulmohd, then you may try this firmware: ? - - ?

Jun 8, 2011
Hi, Androidinabox.com
Very Grate news, for me may be ca help my problem

I would like to consult with you in my problem.
I have 2 Tornados tablet

I have a problem after install application from Play store or other market,
after shutdown Tablet, and Reboot again.
Tablet should be start up very long time and comm up on " Preparing SD card" to long.....
wait around 10-15 Min then can use Tablet, or sometime tablet automatically restart.

In this what is problem SD Card or original Firmware ??
If I use your firmware can solve or not ??

Could you please checked and advice me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sopper

May 23, 2012
Hi,

Applied firmware several times now, including the one from Ainol official website...
Seems Google Play Store is broke now.... it shut's down every single time.
(tried every version of Google Play)

Is this a firmware issue, or am i missing something?

Regards
Sopper

zulmohd

May 21, 2012
Hi,

Applied firmware several times now, including the one from Ainol official website...

Regards
Sopper

My google play work well after update from official website but dark screen bug still exist..Do you have dark screen bug when you update? When you charge your tablet, touch screen work properly or not?Do your tablet stuck or hang randomly?

Sopper

May 23, 2012
Heya Zulmohd,

Can you explain to me what you did to make google play store work?
Mine stops working with errors like: Google Play Store Unfortunately Stopped"

I have no issues with the screen, like you described.
Since the latest firmware the touch screen/keyboard and battery are working smoothly.
Never had a single hang up too... just works like a charm, except for google play store.

Regards
Sopper

Androidinabox

Mar 15, 2012
Hi,

Regards
Sopper

Download Google Play pre-assembled pack and decompress patch.zip, then extract and install from '/system/app', remove them to tablet '/system/app' section and restart the device.

Jun 8, 2011
Hi,

About process upgrade (Hold-Press the -Volume and power button ) in this case I push ( power button and Press the -Volume )
after that tablet not open.
How to solve it.

Please help

Thankl you